I'm new, have a question!

Options
Hi everyone... I'm Amy from Dallas, TX. I just found this site and its really great. I love the food and exercise diary.
I joined because I have been the same weight for 3 months now. I haven't dropped one pound.
I am drinking more water, watching what I eat... and started going to the gym 3-5 times a week (doing at least 2 spin classes a week). My friend and I even started increasing the difficulty of our cardio and strength training. Still, same weight.
SO, I decided to try a low carb diet to see if I could shock my system into losing more weight (I need to lose 15-20 lbs). But, on this site, there isn't really a low carb option (when calculating calories/day, etc). Anyone have any suggestions? I am a carboholic so this is only going to last about a week (two tops). Today was the first day of no carbs and I already have a headache.

Hope to get some good suggestions and to meet some new friends! Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• amytx27
    amytx27 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone... I'm Amy from Dallas, TX. I just found this site and its really great. I love the food and exercise diary.
    I joined because I have been the same weight for 3 months now. I haven't dropped one pound.
    I am drinking more water, watching what I eat... and started going to the gym 3-5 times a week (doing at least 2 spin classes a week). My friend and I even started increasing the difficulty of our cardio and strength training. Still, same weight.
    SO, I decided to try a low carb diet to see if I could shock my system into losing more weight (I need to lose 15-20 lbs). But, on this site, there isn't really a low carb option (when calculating calories/day, etc). Anyone have any suggestions? I am a carboholic so this is only going to last about a week (two tops). Today was the first day of no carbs and I already have a headache.

Hope to get some good suggestions and to meet some new friends! Good luck to everyone!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

I think there is a difference between a low carb diet and regular carbs instead of extra extra carbs. Carbs are just as important to your body as protien and fat are. 2 things you need to do, 1 is make sure you're eating good carbs, and keep your carbs at an acceptable level. Lowering your carbs is fine, especially if you are eating a ton of them now. Cutting them out or almost out may work short term, but your probably going to regret it in the long run.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    your diet is actually suppose to be about 55% carbs 30% fats (unsaturated fats) and 15% protien and the reason your suppose to have so many carbs is because when you work out thats what you burn off and tranfers to energy and you have to burn that before you can burn fat. i learned this in biology class so its pretty good evidence.