Subway

Options
Hey, Last days I was thinking about eat a 15 cm/6" subway every 15 days or something like this, I want your opinion and suggestions please! And which ingredients are the best to choose?

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Subway is fine (though I prefer making my own sandwiches) - go for the low fat options such as ham/turkey/chicken and avoid cheese if you can. Subway tend to provide nutritional information if you're looking for calorie counts.
  • Miss_curvy
    Miss_curvy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok! Thank you for your suggestion doll!
  • emmiee921
    Options
    I get 6inch wheat bread with ham, all salads and sweet onion no cheese. One of the lowest calories
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hmm- just watch the sauce!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    our local subway has a list on the glass case where you place your order that has the calorie counts for most of their items so you can build as you go. their website has a build a sandwich feature too, making it easy to plan before you go. I like roasted chicken breast, cheese, lettuce cucumber, spinach, on wheat. not a mayo person, I like the cheese.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The best way to save cals is on the sauce. Luckily I love mustard so that's all I put as far as sauces go. Try it, yum!
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    Flatbread or wheat veggie delight, no cheese
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Their website has all of their nutritional information.
  • eracman
    Options
    Remember that the 6 grams or less sandwiches assume no cheese. As soon as you add cheese, the 6 grams of fat goes out the window.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I do the subway clud with red vinegar instead of a sauce or mayo all the veggies and no cheese.
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I get a toasted 6" oven roasted chicken on whole wheat with cheddar cheese, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, pickles, parmesan, oregano, and honeymustard. It is 400 calories and really yummy!

12397607.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Miss_curvy
    Miss_curvy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks i will check the web! OMG I love cheese i have to control it.
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    I usually get a 6 inch Subway Melt on 9 grain wheat, no cheese with lettuce, onions pickles and banana peppers, with the sweet onion sauce, its awesome
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    avoid condiments and cheese. do meat and lots of veg on wheat! i do honey grain 9 oat ...lol or whatev it is with ham, turkey, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, cucumbers and red wine vinegar-no oil. its delish but high in sodium
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I usually get a 6" turkey breast on wheat. With spinach, cucumber, tomato, onions and brown mustard. No cheese.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Subway's good, just don't deck the sandwiches out with so much stuff. There's also the sodium too, but choosing a different kind of bread may help with that.
  • Shantel17
    Shantel17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    roast beef or pastrami on wheat are pretty low in calories when it comes to subway. i usually get subway once a month and those are the two i stick with.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    Subway is fine. Just no cheese, no sauce (besides mustard & vinegar), wheat or italian bread (u can even ask them to gut the bread) and meats like turkey, ham, and chicken. all veggies accept avacado
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you love cheese, this is probably the one place to get it. Usually if you get cheese on something from a restaurant, you're talking at least 100 or 200 extra calories. On a 6-inch sub, it's an extra 40 calories and a few grams of fat. Just go with mustard, vinegar, or light mayo for your sauce and you'll still have a meal for less than 500 calories. Not bad at all.
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie delight on whole wheat no cheese. Sometimes with the sweet onion sauce.