Is what im eating ok?

Options
can someone please look at my menu for the last week and tell me if this is ok, i've started a new eating plan and for me it seems weird what i'm eating but thats prob because i'm not used to having rice and fish for lunch etc..... I just need some reassurance, i do alot of exercise.... spin class two times a week, a pump class (weights) 2 times a week and sometimes i fit in a step class on a friday but also have started boxing in the evenings which is 2 - 3 times a week and my hubby and i are going to start walking/run (run 2mins, walk 1min) twice a week in the evenings and maybe walk 8ks twice a week on the other evenings. It seems a lot but i love it..... its my life! So is what i'm eating supporting my exercise and is it too much or not enough and is it the right stuff to be eating?
I have 5kgs to go and then im at goal weight but for weeks now i have plateau.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Unless you sit in a chair most of the day I will suspect that your calorie intake is a bit on the low end given all of the exercise you do. You're averaging in the neighborhood of 1300 (by me eyeballing it).

What are your stats? (height/weight)
    How fast are you losing on that intake?

Food choices look reasonable. I would consider ditching the whey protein and replacing with a food source of protein just for satiety considering how low your calorie intake is. Whey is great but if you're going to hover around 1300 calories I would think a few pieces of fish/chicken would satisfy you more. Largely personal preference but I thought I'd mention it.
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    I think it looks good! I am no expert, but I think that its important to get some protein after a workout to repair muscles and maintain energy/metabolism. I just looked at one day but I think its solid! Don't deprive yourself, and make sure that you're satisfied! I have heard that zig zagging helps with plateau's but have yet to try it ( 1200,1400,1600 cals pattern). Something to look into if you're real antsy on the plateau. Great job!
  • DBiggs23
    Options
    Unless you sit in a chair most of the day I will suspect that your calorie intake is a bit on the low end given all of the exercise you do. You're averaging in the neighborhood of 1300 (by me eyeballing it).

What are your stats? (height/weight)
    How fast are you losing on that intake?

Food choices look reasonable. I would consider ditching the whey protein and replacing with a food source of protein just for satiety considering how low your calorie intake is. Whey is great but if you're going to hover around 1300 calories I would think a few pieces of fish/chicken would satisfy you more. Largely personal preference but I thought I'd mention it.

I agree I think you need to be eating more calories, it looks too low to me especially given all the working out you do, as the poster above stated... agreed
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good to me! You can add your exercise in to see if you're eating back your exercise calories (which you should definitely do). My only concern is that if you're doing a lot of strenuous exercise, you may not actually be eating enough. You want to NET at least 1200 calories. That means that (calories eaten) - (calories burned in exercise) = at least 1200.
  • charleneLucas
    Options
    Ok thanks guys, so it looks like what im eating is good but maybe more of it!
    My height is 165cm and weighing it between 76 -77kgs, really want to be at 68 -70kgs.
    I started at 115kgs 9 years ago after having my son. Seriously got into the exercise a year ago when i was at 96kgs because i was diagnose with PCOS and the only way to control that is diet and exercise.

I just worry i'm eating to many carbs and if im eating them at the right time etc..... Some people i talk to have totally wiped bread and pasta out of their diet but i think that with exercise you need some.

Thanks for your advice

The other thing is im not getting hungry, i am after my morning work out at the gym but thats the only time i feel hungry, i try to eat before i get to that hungry feeling
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think you diary looks good although id up your protein intake. I'd change your macros to 40% protein, 30% fat , 30% carbs. The protein will b great for your muscle recovery. Ect