WEird....

Options
When I woke up, about 4 hours ago, my scale said I weighed 149.4 pounds. I weighed myself several times over 20 minutes to make sure the weight was correct and it said the same weight. Then I had 3 eggs, a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of yogurt with chia seeds and 4 hours (approx) later it says I weigh 157 pounds. How is this possible? (Btw, I am wearing the same pajamas I did when I weighed myself originally).

Thanks.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    11961075.jpg
  • kimski08
    kimski08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Helpful there engineman!!! lol.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer to why it would change that much, just a question I guess. Why are you weighing yourself that much? The normal daily fluctuations would be enough to drive me crazy, let alone 6 times in 4 hours.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Well food/beverage, etc are not weight-less, so obviously you would weigh more once you starting eating and drinking. Not to mention the fact that your weight naturally fluctuates. But seriously, you shouldn't weigh yourself that much.

Or aliens. Both feasible answers of course. :)
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hey don't be blaming us aliens :bigsmile:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Your scales are broken?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    A sudden increase in gravity? Probably due to enginemans aliens.

Don't worry about it just keep eating healthily and try and weigh once a week but if you can't dot that then only weigh once a day as it is too confusing otherwise.:drinker:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I think that's pretty normal. I know my weight can fluctiate as much as 10 lbs over the course of a day. (I tested this one Saturday and weighed myself every hour just to see how that worked)
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    11961075.jpg

I love this guy!!! If for nothing else, but his hair!!! Wahahahaha!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer to why it would change that much, just a question I guess. Why are you weighing yourself that much? The normal daily fluctuations would be enough to drive me crazy, let alone 6 times in 4 hours.

this!

i do it 3 times, one after another, and take the average... then leave it at that!
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    [/quote]
    i do it 3 times, one after another, and take the average... then leave it at that!
    [/quote]

This is so simple yet brilliant! I love it! I'm going to start doing this.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That does sound weird, I wouldn't think that amount of food would amount to that much in weight. What about water and other fluids? Did you drink a lot?
  • nyspotlight
    Options
    also - was the first time naked and later you had clothes on?
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That does sound weird, I wouldn't think that amount of food would amount to that much in weight. What about water and other fluids? Did you drink a lot?

^^^ fluids. My weight has fluctuated that much in one day, seriously don't weigh yourself that much or you will go crazy. Once a weight at the same time.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would weigh themselves after a meal if you have already weighed yourself that day already ???

I mean, of course you are going to weigh more as you now have undigested foods and extra fluid in your system.

I don't weigh every day but I understand why people do- but for the life of me I cannot fathom weighing multiple times in a day it would send me lala.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds funny, but I weigh myself nude and first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I weigh myself once a week to once every two weeks. Then that way I know that clothing, food, water retention or otherwise is not affecting my result.
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Heh... I have been trying to drink more fluids. Yes. Today I didn't drink even 8 cups of water, most days I aim for 4 liters of water. I was wearing the exact same stuff both times. I will just weigh again next week in the morning, when I wake up. Thanks. hearing that other people's weight can fluctuate 10 pounds in a day helped me. THANK YOU.
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Engineman, you made me laugh. Thanks. And is that guy from "Ancient Aliens"- what show is he on?! :)