My Fitness Pal Metal heads and rockers, are you out there?

Options
BioShocked89
BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
I am looking for new friends on here who listen to the same bands or similar bands that I do to get pumped for workouts.

My pump up band is Five Finger Death Punch. My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold [Rest in peace to Jimmy Sullivan, the band's drummer who passed away 2 years ago as of my birthday December 28th, strange fact]. My other top bands are Def Leppard, All That Remains, Foo Fighters, Boston, Ac Dc, Guns N' Roses, ect.

Anyway, what rock bands or metal bands pump you up? If any of them are the aforementioned bands, which songs of theirs get you going?

Replies

• Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love the Foo's and monkey wrench, walk, arlandria are my faves on my gym mix at the moment - and the Gallows with Lethal Bizzle Staring at the rude boys - just makes me push myself and old classics like don't fear the reaper has a great constant energy. I am currently tweaking my gym mix as i've been using the same one for so long. want to add some metallica and someone recommended godsmack and avenged and rise against as ones that have good solid drums n guitar.

any recommends would be great
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Love Five Finger Death Punch too :] Slipknot and such is my taste in music for the most part
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Love Five Finger Death Punch too :] Slipknot and such is my taste in music for the most part

I love Five Finger Death Punch

Here is my short list, there are so many out there

Sevendust
    Rage Against the Machine
    Breaking Benjamin
    Metallica
    Three Days Grace
    Creed
    Nirvana
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Crossfade
    Chevelle
    NonPoint
    Mudvayne
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Rise Against
    Silverstein
    UnderOath
    Sick Puppies
    Senses Fail

and check out punk/rock covers of pop music :) there's sonera screamo versions out there of top 40's stuff that is AMAZING or just check out the punk goes series...
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yay for metal & rock.

I could workout to the following all day long (that is when I'm not the "pregnant")
    Soil
    Static x
    Soulfly
    Down
    Tantric
    ---Some of this is probably lame now I can't remember the last time I bought a new cd, but I still like it--
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I'm VERY fussy about metal ... radio doesn't do it justice. Gotta go to a gig to make it sound right
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't get to listen to it as much now due to having three kids who rather my partners 80
    s music but I like:

Foo fighters
    Slip knot
    Rage against the machine
    Metallica
    Linkin park
    Nirvana
  • EmilyB589
    EmilyB589 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm more metal than rock but some of my top bands:

Lamb of God
    Winds of Plague
    Machine Head
    Slipknot
    Pantera
    Parkway Drive
    Killswitch Engage
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Tool
    Trivium
    Whitechapel
    NIN
    Dethklok
    KoRn (older stuff only)
    Divine Heresy

I could literally go on for ages.

Anyone is welcome to add me if you like any of the above :)
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    no one has said Bullet for my Valentine
  • tishytaylor
    tishytaylor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am currently into the heavy metal genre, here is a small list of what I listen to currently. I will add a couple of rock bands, or just plain good must listen to bands in there... (check them out, you might like one of them!)

Kamelot (My favorite album is 'The Black Halo')
    Edguy
    Tarja Turunen
    Brother Firetribe
    Avantasia
    Krypteria
    Blind Guardian
    End of Green (for most it would seem to be hard rock, though it is more of a doom metal band.)
    Soil (I believe it is rock...)
    Amaranthe
    Dream Evil
    Helloween
    Primal Fear
    The Birthday Massacre (Listen to Blue, or Happy Birthday...and progress from there if you like those.)
    Amila Zazu (she isn't metal or rock, but in the pop genre...but she is awesome!)
    Raintime
    Savatage or Jon Olivia's Pain
    Place Vendome
    Solution .45
    Underoath

And for a completely random (Japanese) band, try Dir en Grey. I went to see them in Dallas last week, just amazing!
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Generally I'm more rock than metal, but for working out, can't beat
    Rammstein
    Slipknot
    Korn
    Metallica
    Iron Maiden (go old school!)
    Some Black Sabbath (but not all)

Then I'll also listen to people like, Dropkick Murphys, Less Than Jake, Foo Fighters etc if I'm running and want to set a good bouncy pace so I keep going. Running to punk and ska is perfect because of the timing of the beat. It pushed me but not to the point of exhaustion.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    seen in five finger death punch and egypt central in concert-every since then they are definetely on my playlist and get me pumped for workouts for sure!!!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Old School here:

AC/DC - see em 6 x in concert
    Judas Priest - 3 x
    Metallica - 3 x (1'st time in '85 watched them play in a small shopping mall !)
    Megadeth - 2 x
    Testament - 1 x

These is alot of what I listen to when I'm riding my bike !!!
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Carfoodel-
    Avenged Sevenfold songs: Not ready To Die, Almost Easy, Nightmare, God Hates Us, Beast and the Harlot, Sidewinder, Strength of the World, A Little Piece of Heaven...well...okay, I could go on all day about Avenged Sevenfold, lol

Rise Against- Entertainment, Ready to Fall, Long Forgotten Sons, Re-Education (Through Labor), Savior, Give it All, Prayer of the Refugee, Drones, and Behind Closed Doors are my favorites.

To everyone else, I completely forgot Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, Rammstein, and Lamb of God. Oh and Motle Crew and Rob Zombie.

As for my biggest concerts:
    I've seen Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold (twice), All That Remains, Lamb of God, Motle Crew, Korn, and Rob Zombie in concert. I've met Joey Jordison and my boyfriend met Rob Zombie.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I like more death metal than rock etc. Like a bit of deathcore too just some of it's hit and miss.

Favourite bands:
    Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Burning Skies, Waking the Cadaver, Dream Theater, Opeth, Tool, Lamb of God, Metallica, Slayer... :)
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a large list of bands that I listen to. Heres a few.

Avenged Sevenfold
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Atreyu
    Trivium
    Fear Factory
    Sevendust
    Mushroomhead
    Slipknot
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lately, Lamb of God is my pump up band. I actually recorded a few vids of me jammin' on me geetar along with some of my fave workout songs. I'm trying to learn Hourglass and Faded Line at the moment.

Other current metal bands I like are Opeth (nearly forgot Opeth!), In Flames, Soilwork, Machine Head and Hatebreed.

Classic faves are Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, Helmet, and Testament.

I'll send you an add request.

\m/

Charles
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    meme :]
  • alanamullen
    Options
    Devildriver usually gets me going :)
  • Katerbuggs
    Options
    I like a wide variety of music. Mostly rock, a little country, some metal (though, not very much to be honest), and a lot of indie rock/pop. Oh! And I'm currently obsessed with a lot of celtic folk music. Not sure what that's all about but I'm liking it. =)

Favs are: The Fratellis, Eve 6, Wolfmother, Panic! At the Disco, Metalica, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, Three Days Grace, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Third Eye Blind, Rise Against, Evanescence, Florence and the Machine, White Stripes, Cage the Elephant, Ludo, Ok Go, Paramore, Pomplamoose, Enter the Haggis, Omnivus, Danielle Ate the Sandwich...and many, many more, lol. The list never ends, really. =)