How do You get Motivated?

Options
I usually feel pretty motivated, but this morning I just can't seem to get my motivation going. I don't know if it's because it's Monday or what it is. I feel so tired, I have a headache, and just feel like not getting the day started. How do you get motivated when you get in an unmotivated rut?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i ask myself "are you doing your absolute best today?" and if the answer is no, then i go out there and do my best.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Music =) I live for it and it can change my mood in a matter of seconds...closing my eyes and just focus on my breathing can make my skin tingle of the adrenaline, feeling each and every muscle tightens as the animal within me grows angrier.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I usually like to remember why I'm doing this. And I remember how unhappy I'll end up if I just lose my motivation. Usually that gets me to doing something I didn't want to do before.

There was this song on youtube that now is my motivation song. It is called 'Finally Free' by DeStorm. I usually listen to it if I feel like I'm going to stop my exercise early and it motivates me to continue through it to the end!
  • AngelJo1
    Options
    i ask myself "are you doing your absolute best today?" and if the answer is no, then i go out there and do my best.

I wish it was that easy for me. I would ask myself that question and if the answer is no.... I'd go back to bed and say in my head... "I'll do my best tomorrow"...... Unfortunate thing is that tomorrow always gets postponed. :ohwell:
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I listen to Sevendust - Denial and slam my head against the wall. That gets me going.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    also, read this: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/ just try and sit on the couch and eat junk food after reading this and seeing the video on the bottom.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    i think about all of those people that want to workout and can't do it..and then i ask myself whats keeping me from working out..
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm so exhausted from a restless night (young children) in the morning I just can't do it. But when I get the opportunity, I have a power nap and tell myself when I wake up I'm going to feel great. I always do and I can get the job done.:happy: :happy:
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Music =) I live for it and it can change my mood in a matter of seconds...closing my eyes and just focus on my breathing can make my skin tingle of the adrenaline, feeling each and every muscle tightens as the animal within me grows angrier.

I do the same thing. I get something that gets me pumped up.

Also, I just keep telling myself that someone out there is getting better, faster, stronger, and smarter. My butt starts moving quickly.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    the scale and the mirror
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I think about my goals and about how to get there. I ask myself.......donuts and mt. dew or a baby in the future? Sometimes I have to think about past feelings of shame and regret and embarrassment. I also think about my obese little brothers and want to be an influence on them.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    This morning unmotivated and feeling lazy. Thought to myself, "just do it". I'll be logging 150 minutes of exercise today and feeling not so lazy anymore. I use the nudge "just do it" lots!! Once I get going I'm on like a switch.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I think about Silence of the Lambs and getting turned into a skin suit for a sketchy man.
  • Palaja6274
    Options
    I can be very unmotivated to work out and diet. I am going on my 10th week of working out and dieting and am down 18 pounds. I work out for 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. To keep myself going, I put things in place that do not allow me to fail. For example I signed up with a personal trainer. So I know two days a week someone is waiting for me and I have to get my butt out of bed at 5 AM and go do my workout. I also have become a regular in a few classes and I know if I do not show up people will start asking me why I was not there. To keep me on track with diet, I joined a weight challenge at my health club and when it finished I started a fitness/weight challenge at work. Participants are divided into teams. The team that loses the biggest percentage of weight wins the pot which is 300 dollars. The contest goes until the end of January. This forces me to stay on a diet. And it does not allow me to give up and stop dieting like Ihave done so many times before, because my team mate is counting on me to lose weight. Putting things in place that will not allow you to fail will get you to your goal. I am going for 25 more pounds and I know I am going to do it this time!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I"m the same way, a great song with a good beat always gets me motivated and makes my workouts much more intense :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I basically motivate myself to workout so I can eat. 1300 calories is so not enough for me...so, when I'm feeling unmotivated, I remind myself that I either cheat (in which case I will feel really bad and be grumpy) or go work out. I've noticed that working out really helps my motivation and attitude the rest of the day too.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think about Silence of the Lambs and getting turned into a skin suit for a sketchy man.
    ROFL that is hilarious!:flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the only way I get motivated is by forcing myself to do it. I know all too well that skipping one day of work outs (for me) can easily turn into a week missed, then a month, and then I don't even think about working out anymore. That's what happened last time and I don't want it to happen this time!

Also, I really can't wait to see some real progress. That motivates me the most. I don't want to look like this anymore, the only way my body will change is if I change it!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    i think about all of those people that want to workout and can't do it..and then i ask myself whats keeping me from working out..
    I really like that. How easy it is to take things for granted.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am also feeling very ill motivated today, usually when I feel tiered I do it any way but today I just can't seem to shake it (first day of TOM).
    I am not sure I will be going to the gym today, but if not I know I already have plans to play tennis again with my hubby.