SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! Cinco de Mayo edicion!

Options
Today I'm going to a noon Bikram class. (hooray! noon Bikram class)

Which is good, because tonight is date night, and I'll need the extra calories. Went over by about 500 yesterday. I made the classic mistake of waiting too long to eat (a desperate student with questions eliminated my lunch break (I'd forgotten to pack food)). And then, when I started to eat I had trouble stopping. No bad food choices, just too much of it.

Take care, pebbles.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to a noon Bikram class. (hooray! noon Bikram class)

Which is good, because tonight is date night, and I'll need the extra calories. Went over by about 500 yesterday. I made the classic mistake of waiting too long to eat (a desperate student with questions eliminated my lunch break (I'd forgotten to pack food)). And then, when I started to eat I had trouble stopping. No bad food choices, just too much of it.

Take care, pebbles.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Weird that you mention Cinco de Mayo - I thought it was pretty much a southwestern states thing - though I don't know of anything going on today, I'm sure some kind of parade thingy is happening.

Hope all is better today, MM :flowerforyou:

My teacher said that if I could do arms against shoulders arm balance, I could do firefly. I was more doubtful, but still, it's something to strive for. Once I get there, y'all will know.

Today, I'll either go to the gym (walk/jog) or do the treadmill (walk). The back of my knee is still giving me problems. If I knew what was aggravating it, I would stop - but it's low grade pain and only when I really bend it in (lotus or tree pose).

Remember to enjoy yourselves, boogaloo.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, Mary, cinco is huge on any college campus: yet another reason to drink! (like they need more)

Melissa- have you tried adding B-complex supplements to your diet? I know they are touted for their impact on stress/emotions (and especially helpful during period for me)... Might be worth a try! Don't beat yourself up, stress has unbelievable implications on our bodies and you are directly impacted by your husbands workplace drama. Take it in stride knowing this too will pass!

My day: getting odds & ends done at work, student interviews for admission to AT program, workout
    Happy Cinco!
    Arianne :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Weird that you mention Cinco de Mayo - I thought it was pretty much a southwestern states thing - though I don't know of anything going on today, I'm sure some kind of parade thingy is happening.

Anywhere there is tequila to be sold, there will be cinco de mayo. :wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words Pebbs! You all are the best. I do feel a bit better today..as far as grossness goes, but still don't have much energy. AD, I have taken B vitamins and I have never been able to tell the difference. Not with any kind of vitamin. I did take them again this morning to see if that would give me an extra boost today.
    Today is Alex's last tumbling class for this session. He'll start up again in June, so I need to sign him up today.
    I'd like to get some more cleaning done today. I am going to either take a walk (depending on the weather) or do taebo. Taebo sounds more fun, but it also takes more energy than a 3.0 mph walk. So we'll see. Looking forward to watching the Biggest Loser finale tonight, with ice cream. :wink: That is, as long as I can control my eating today. I think I will do better.
    I'll check back in later with my progress for the day.
    MM
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I checked out over the weekend but managed to stay pretty much on track, with some overindulgence at a bridal shower.

I'm heading to my 12pm core/ cardio class, which is my favorite of the week. I'm going to bike to the gym as well.

Oh, and I took another job. It's a quickie, shooting a pilot episode of a show on the Buffalo Field Campaign (activists who protect the bison around Yellowstone), so I'm heading to Montana on Sunday. I'll be keeping it healthy before I go.

Just got word from Suunto that my HRM is fixed and being sent back, so I can't wait to start up with it again!

My goals:
    ~ Vitamins!
    ~ Bike/ Core/ Cardio
    ~ Drink extra water as I've been waking up very thirsty lately
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! I will not be indulging in any margaritas tonight, though. :wink:

I am still feeling like I have way too much to do, and not enough time to do it... countdown to my business trip (on which I will be working night shifts and basically messing up my entire food/exercise/sleep routine :noway: ) is now 6 days.

Today is:
    a walk (soon, I hope)
    probably elliptical at the gym again
    pushups
    cleaning/organizing while watching BL (I didn't get to cleaning yesterday :embarassed: )

MM, I hope today is better for you! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I did it. I worked out. 30 minutes of taebo.
    I'm glad I got off my butt and did something!:bigsmile:
    MM
    Oh and I do feel a little more in control today. Eating today is so-so. At least it's not yesterday all over again. :noway: