new here, & I donk know if I can do this.

Options
:cry:
I'm so tired of living like this. I'm just 20 pounds of my goal. Currently at 140, Goal: 120
I don't have support at home. I'm tired of don't believe in myself. I'm tired of pretending that I'm happy.
I'm Done!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You can do this!! You have to believe it though

This works :D
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :cry:
    I'm so tired of living like this. I'm just 20 pounds of my goal. Currently at 140, Goal: 120
    I don't have support at home. I'm tired of don't believe in myself. I'm tired of pretending that I'm happy.
    I'm Done!

Step 1: Join MyFitnesspal...DONE!
    Step 2: Introduced yourself...DONE!
    Step 3: Make Some friends...Pending
    Step 4: Log food and stay disciplined towards your calorie goal...Pending
    Step 5: Enjoy the ride...Pending
  • Cajun92
    Options
    omg im 20 pounds away too! WE CAN DO THIS! Want to be buddies? Lets push each other SUPER HARD.
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
    I have been up and down for the last couple of years and didnt think I could ever work towards and possibly reach a sustainable goal... but then I found the community here is crazily supportive and motivational. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great ! :)
  • gailashton
    Options
    Yes you can! I'm 20 lbs away from my goal too. What seemed like something so far away is becoming a reality for me. We can do this together. Don't be so hard on yourself. Take it one day at a time. You will get there. It's there for you, just keep the faith.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The last 10-20 are hard, but you can do it with some hard work and dedication! Feel free to add me, I'd be glad to help motivate. :)
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You can do this...Add some of us as buddies. We will keep you motivated.
  • bobbalouie
    Options
    You will do great. Just check in on the food and exercise tracker every day and be brutally honest about what you ate and how much you exercised.

Here's a tip: don't do anything drastic on the exercise but do walk anywhere you can where you used to drive. Don't "power walk," you will look silly and passing motorists will chuckle at you: "get a load of that bird!" Just walk at a normal pace like you're walking a dog. Like you're on your way to an important meeting or something. :)

Another tip: most of weight loss is in your head -- leveling off the peaks and valleys in your appetite. If necessary, forget about the traditional "breakfast, lunch and dinner" formula and eat 150-200 calories every 2-3 hours or so. Just figure out your total calorie allowance for the day, for example 1400. Then divide that by your total waking hours -- 8:00 am to 10:00 pm for example, which is 14 hours. If you are allowed 1400 calories a day that's 100 calories an hour. So then eat 200 calories every couple hours or so (Slim Fast bars, etc.) and you will never get super hungry even though you're right on track with a pretty serious weight loss program. The pounds will fly off.

That's enough motivation for now. Go forth and conquer! :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You've got to change that attitude. Why are you sabotaging yourself?? Support is nice but you don't need it! This is all up to you! Believe me, if I can do this then YOU CAN, too!!!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You can do it, first thing you gotta change is your mindset! Make some friends on here it really helps. Feel free to add me.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I have felt the same way so many times in my life, but getting your head straight is the most important thing right now. If you keep telling yourself you can't do this, then you won't. Look at how far you've come, and even though the last 20 may be tough, you are tougher and can do it. You don't have support at home? You've got plenty of support here, as shown by the above posts, and me as well. Take care of yourself, start looking at the positive, and we all know you'll do great and be successful. God bless!
  • spacevulture
    spacevulture Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everyone is here to support you :flowerforyou:
    Even with this support though, it's all on you in the end. You have to give yourself a fighting chance. Own it! Own this chance, own your body, own your life! You are in control. You CAN and WILL make it.
    Weight loss is hard, but it's only as hard as you let it be.
    Get pumped for yourself and for your future successes :heart:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Don't talk yourself out of it before you start! If you really want it....you will do what it takes. All the support you need is right here!
  • kdmccauley
    Options
    I have a question. You have come this far, why are do you sound like you're giving up? Yes, support is nice, but no one can do this for you. I too am on this journey and have lost 35 with 30 to go. You have taken the steps to start this amazing journey to a healthier and better you, keep going, you can do this. Whether it is a matter if hitting that plato, change up your workouts, challenge yourself to do simething you've never done (for me, I'm working towards running a half marathon). Is it scary, YES! But you know when you hit your goal everything is worth it. Keep on your diet amd exercise and you CAN do this!

Remember no one can do this for you.... and you have to want to do it for yourself and no one else. Chin up... you have tons of on support on here. :-) and that includes me! Good luck!
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i'm 20 lbs off too, feel free to add me, i could also do with the support xxx