Why do people...

Options
MsBaby117
MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
Why do people take these message board so seriously?? I'll admit I'm somewhat of a lurker on the boards. I do more reading than replying to the forum boards...In my reading I've seen more arguments, more vicious replies, more douchebaggery (is that a word? lol) than I think I've ever seen in my life...

Aren't we supposed to be here to support each other in our weight loss (or gain) journey? The funniest thing about the whole situation to me is that most of us not only don't know each other in the real world but most likely will never meet in person, so again I have to ask....Why do people take these forum posts so seriously?? :huh:

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png

So LOVE This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ditto LOL

Seriously I'm either ignorant or ... no really I notice it at times but think the community seems to do a bit of ebb & flow. I do "think" it's more positive than negative but as always the negative stands out a whole lot more :(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There was a full moon this weekend. There's always abnormal activity during a full moon. :laugh:
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yeah I understand what you are saying....I see some profiles that state if you are not logged on a lot or I don't see your blog updated, I will delete you.....if you have the time to monitor my activities here....you have way too much time on your hands.....I am here for support and to support others.....I don't demand anything from anyone!!!

Rock on!!!
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    my mom always told me in highschool that the majority of the reason people made fun of other people was to make themselves feel better and now that I'm almost 30 I can completely agree with that. There are some people who can pride themselves on having a big heart and being caring, and there are other people who need to point out eveyone's flaws and faults so they can sit on their pompous highhorse. It does make it hard to want to post anything though, esspecially when it's something personal or that you might be struggling with because there is always the chance some a-hole or another is going to try to cut you down and make you feel stupid, I've always just tried to ignore those posts because they're not people I need in my life anyway.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yeah I understand what you are saying....I see some profiles that state if you are not logged on a lot or I don't see your blog updated, I will delete you.....if you have the time to monitor my activities here....you have way too much time on your hands.....I am here for support and to support others.....I don't demand anything from anyone!!!

Rock on!!!

I completely agree. Some of us work/have kids/houses to clean, I ain't got time to be on here 247 and as much as I would like to give a positive comment to everyone, I just dont have the time!!!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree! I was just thinking about this same thing last night after someone on here had a snarky comment after everything I posted. I was like do you really have nothing better to do than follow my posts around and comment about how everything I say is wrong?? Eh, I guess some people are just mean for the sake of being mean, or maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. Either way, I'm not about to lose any sleep over people I don't even know and probably never will!!
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It just makes me sad! I was reading a post the other night and when I went to scroll down there were two people literally "fighting" back and forth, what a waste of time and energy!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I agree! I was just thinking about this same thing last night after someone on here had a snarky comment after everything I posted. I was like do you really have nothing better to do than follow my posts around and comment about how everything I say is wrong?? Eh, I guess some people are just mean for the sake of being mean, or maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. Either way, I'm not about to lose any sleep over people I don't even know and probably never will!!

Those are my favorites. The same ones who return to the same thread like 13 times to argue or "make a point". They just can't leave the thread alone. After the 2nd exchange I'm like, "Whoa, this person has a tent pitched here." Back away from the forums, get some sunlight and fresh air. I'm ok with walking away. Hey, someone's gotta do it, right? LOL
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I ignore the people who always fight.

It gets pretty confusing when you go into threads, and they've all migrated into it. You can't read half the posts cause theyre ignore, which is just fine..cause you've heard it all before.

Just seeing screennames, you know what they're in there to do.

Telling people they can eat just ice cream all day as long as it fits into their macros....ya, nice, healthy advice.

Then they argue why you suggest healthier food options to someone looking for advice......really?

:ohwell:
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    it's one of the reasons I hardly ever post because I don't want to get screamed at for writing the wrong thing.

I'm just here for support, plain and simple.