I hate this friggin scale

Options
I weigh myself on Monday mornings. This morning, I forgot to do it and proceeded to get up, make my fiance's lunch, iron his pants, drink 16 oz of water, take my vitamins and go to the bathroom (I know TMI, but #1 and #2, I know this has to affect weight). I remembered to weigh myself a few minutes ago, and the scale says I am up to 262ish from 258ish. I know I did not gain 4lbs this week. Does the time of day really affect what you weigh?

Replies

• debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes, water is very heavy. you should wiegh the 12oz glass of water you may be suprised.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    A Pint's a Pound the World Around.
    12oz of water will weigh.....12oz
    Scratch today and weight tomorrow.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A Pint's a Pound the World Around.
    12oz of water will weigh.....12oz
    Scratch today and weight tomorrow.
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Water weighs more than you'd think! If i were you, I'd make sure to weigh first thing in the morning (okay, maybe use the bathroom first..)

I don't drink any water at all before I weight.

I also don't weigh myself if my hair is wet. I have loooong hair that holds tons of water, so, I don't wanna count that in!
  • carlsab
    Options
    Just to clear up an earlier poster, 12oz of a liquid will not necessarily weight 12oz in weight. 8 oz in a cup, but this is a measurement of volume, not wieght. If you used a measuring cup and put in 8 ounces of heavy cream or would be different than water.

Milk is 85% water so differences won't be major but a 12oz class of water is a measurement of volume, not weight.
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    I am starting to take a water pill I think as well, should that help? My doctor also just prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide for blood pressure, which he says is like a diuretic or something. I hate the whole water weight thing. Ugh.
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My scale is a freaking liar!! We don't get along. ;)
  • spacevulture
    spacevulture Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    8oz. of water weighs roughly half a pound.
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    The water weight issue is real and I've struggled with it too,.......I had a party and just didn't eat as well as I have been overthe weekend and my scale shows I gained 3.5 pounds !!!???!!

Not so,....and Im not panicking,......I did not drink my normal 8-10 glasses a day and surely ate way more sodium than normal which makes us retain water.......I would bet by Tuesday or Wednesday if I weighed in again it would be back down,......and surely it isn't a 3 pound weight loss in 2 days !
    This is another reason that judging b y measurements is important and more realistic.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Water for every cup you have is half a pound on the scale if that helps with anything.