mayonaise

Options
patsyo
patsyo Posts: 3
What is the best mayo that is lite or low fat? Just starting out and hate most of the mayo I have tried.
Hellman's low fat, kraft, etc.

Replies

• patsyo
    Options
    What is the best mayo that is lite or low fat? Just starting out and hate most of the mayo I have tried.
    Hellman's low fat, kraft, etc.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Do you use alot of mayo? If you do I would go with a low fat ( that Fat Free stuff is awful).

Personally, I use regular mayo since I don't use it that often
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would still use regular mayo only because the low fat and fat free is VERY disgusting!! Only use enough to "glisten" the bread!! Or whatever you are using it for!!

I made tuna fish with just a tiny amount of mayo for the whole can and it was great!!

If you find one that taste good, let us know!! :oP
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I use Miracle Whip light in and on everything. I think its good. But that might just be me. I have used it for years even when I was not deiting.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have used plain yogurt that the liquid has been drained off for a spread. You can add seasonings to it and lemon juice as well.
  • patsyo
    Options
    Thanks! I will try to use just a tad of real mayo. Has anyone tried the Smart Balance?
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the canola Mayo (hellmann's) It has 45 cal vs. the 90 for the other stuff. no trans fat and 2.5 grams of monounsaturated fat, and 1.5 polyunsaturated fats.
    I think that it taste better than the other stuff, but i think that the other stuff is pretty heavy anyway
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try to use just a tad of real mayo. Has anyone tried the Smart Balance?

Yeah - I just bought some Smart Balance. It's o.k. - commercials say just like cooking with butter - NOT. But it's o.k. - I would rather have real butter mixed with EVOO half and half - very good for your heart.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this makes any sense at all but I really don't like the hellmanns low fat either but I really like the hellmanns lite??? don't really know why either
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I stopped using mayo, if you can believe that! And butter...
    It was hard, but its not worth it to me, when I can have so many other, better things
  • cresthilljan
    Options
    I use the Miracle Whip Lite. It tastes pretty close to the regular mayo. The fat free is terrible!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I use the Miracle Whip Lite. It tastes pretty close to the regular mayo. The fat free is terrible!

I prefer Miracle Whip. I don't go heavy on it though, just enough to cover the bread from corner to corner and give a taste. I've never had fat free, so I don't know how terrible ti can be.

How bad is the fat free stuff?