Kitchen Scales

Options
Ok - I am looking into buying one - any suggestions? Digital or not?

Replies

• LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The digital ones look really cool and I am sure would be more acurate. I only have the plain kind and it gives me a pretty good measure, but I think the digital would be spot on. Might have to turn loose of 30 bucks and get one.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i use an old fashioned postal scale but i assume it's only an approximation. I already have it so that's why I use it, otherwise I think you can get a digital one relatively cheaply these days, and isn't digital more exact ?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Eat Smart Digital scale. I got mine from amazon. I've had it over a year and love it. Best investment if you are trying to get healthy.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $20 (can't remember what brand, but it has a pull-out readout in case the bowl you're measuring in is too big--I'll try to find it online and post the link). It really helps with measuring food. I love Special K Cracker Chips, but I was constantly counting out 30 chips before I could eat! Now I just weigh 30 g worth and I'm good to go--much faster than counting out 30 chips!
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I use a postal scale. Duel purpose, lol. Just put your empty dish on top, zero it out and it stays nice and clean and very accurate with a nice wide base of support for plates and things.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    i have the one with the biggest loser logo on it. it was only about $20 or $30 and i use it everyday. it's digital.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale I picked up online that I really love. http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1323706168&sr=1-2

Was $20 and works great. I don't use it for every item, every meal. But when I get a treat or something that is calorie dense like peanut butter or ice cream it is a great way to know exactly how much of each item I am getting.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I bought a new set this weekend because my weight watchers ones shot craps. I bought mine at Target they are Taylor brand and cost about $50. They are digital and IMO digital is the way to go.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanx Guys!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just ordered one online - very excited! How funny - cookies use to excite me and now scales.... :laugh:
  • yasmine36
    yasmine36 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    digital