Worst Break-up Stories

Options
_beachgirl_
_beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
What's your worst break-up story?

Mine just happened recently. I "broke up" with someone that cheated on me. The ensuing months were ridiculous. He hacked my FB account deleting all my friends and family, then added complete strangers. He harassed me at work with emails and phone calls, my boss finally called the cops on him. He then messaged most of my friends on FB telling them that I was a pedophile and on drugs. Obviously, the people who know me, know that's the farthest thing from the truth. He called DCF and filed false allegations against me. F.Y.I....in CT, it is against the law to file false allegations with DCF and you can press charges against the person! I cannot even count the number of emails, texts and ims, where I get called every name in the book and threatened. I think I can say the worst thing he did, was text my 11 year old son the nastiest, most vile lies.

What amazes me the most is that the person I fell in love with was kind, caring, supportive, a great listener, romantic, sexy, intelligent, funny, treated me like a queen and was my best friend.

How do you know someone for almost a year, spend countless hours talking to them getting to know them, spend time with them and have misjudged them so terribly?

It's pretty sad how he behaved especially considering he destroyed our relationship by cheating.

Replies

• nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Omg this is crazy! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I can't believe he went after your child! Hope you've been able to put it all behind you
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I would drag his @ss to court! No one deserves that! And to contact your son is stepping WAY over line!!!

It's mad how ppl can change, what a psycho
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Mine is not nearly that dramatic... but also recent. A couple months ago my wife of two years literally just walked out on me. Quit her job, packed her stuff moved back to her mom's place.. just decided to "quit". Left me with a HUGE mess to clean up (financially.. we were months behind on everything and she just walked away, removing a source of income no less).

What reminded me of your story was my first thought was.. why did I marry her? But 4 years ago when we first met she was a different person. I'm sorry you had to go through that... and contacting the kid... oh hell no..... You have my permission to kick his butt.. don't mess with kids.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Wow! That really does suck. On behalf of the male species I'm sorry.

I've never been broken up with badly but I have broken up with a girl badly. I basically just stopped talking to her. I was always busy when she called to set something up. I never called her. I started being a little ruder each time she did call until she stopped calling. No conversation about ending the relationship. Not even it's me not you. Sigh. I was a real *kitten* to her.

In my defense I was 15, and I still feel bad about it.
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My worst? My ex-fiance probably (ok, definitely), we were together about 4 and a half years. Broke up with me via text, letting me know he was seeing someone else. Unfortunately...he had my computer, so I had to communicate with him on its safe return. :tongue: Ok..so when he shows up to my house, he has his "new girlfriend" with him in the car. Now I can sit here and kind of laugh, at the time, not quite as much laughing. But comically enough, we had been planning a trip out of town and he put half in on a room. Of course he was inquiring about that when he showed up. I planned to send it anyways, just to be done with it, so I send that on Sunday. I leave my phone at home on the Tuesday after, when I get home I have texts, voicemails, and emails from him freaking out about not being able to get a hold of me. Turns out he totaled his car and needed the money. How about checking your account first? I thought that'd probably be the end of it, but he finds a way to contact me every 6 months or so asking me to be friends and wondering what I'm up to. Which, of course, doesn't happen.

My worst I've done? When I broke up with someone, I had my new boyfriend however much time later prank call him. What can I say, I was 18. :ohwell:
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    bump
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    One and only breakup story..

I moved about 2.5 years into our relationship. I wasn't happy at my college, and I wanted to transfer schools. We were doing the long distance thing, but things got hard. Within 2 weeks, 3 people from our hometown died (one of which was a friend who committed suicide). We were both pretty depressed. When he'd call, I would always be busy with school and trying to fit in with the college lifestyle. His ex came to visit his parents so they could she her daughter who they had supported throughout their relationship .He cheated on me with with his ex, and then broke up with me a week later on our 3 yr "anniversary." The girl he cheated on had nothing but a bad reputation. Everyone talked about how crazy she was .. so I never saw it coming. She had an abortion with his child when she was 7 months pregnant, so I never thought he would ever do that with her. He then strung me along and eventually moved to another state (but ironically only about a 2 hr drive from where I now live) to live with her. Obviously it didn't work out between the two of them, but he is still living there. He would harass me and make me feel bad for every step I took to move forward.

The last two years I've been working through it. I never saw any of it coming and I've cycled through self doubt, hatred, etc. I lived a pretty unhealthy and self destructive lifestyle. It's like I decided I had to catch up on all the college life I never participated in. I left him constantly come in and out of my life whenever he chose to. Despite all the crap he did, it was hard for me to see him as anything other than the person I was once closest with and who was there for me when no one else was. That all changed back in March. I started working hard to catch up on all the damage I had done to myself - physically, academically, and mentally. Over the summer he sent me a text telling me he was seeing this girl from our hometown ( a girl who always was rude to me and who had just gotten married to someone else a month prior). In September he called several times, and when I answered the phone he asked if I had defriended him from Facebook. I was like no.. He then proceeded to tell me that he and that girl are getting serious and that she was saying bad things about me. I laughed, because despite my efforts to be nice to her in the past , she doesn't know anything about me. He then apologized for 30 mins for everything he's ever done, and said if I ever needed anything he would be there.. I calmly told him that I am just fine and actually quite happy. A week later I see he's defriended me from Facebook. I assume the girl kept being crazy until he did it. It bothered me for a little while. I felt there was no need to call and stir stuff up after all that time only to turn around and do that, but it is what is . As far as I know, they are still seeing each other. It's a small town and people feel the need to tell things I don't want to hear when I visit. He's making the 7 hr drive to our hometown every weekend. I guess that hurts a little, that he could make it work with someone I had no respect for long distance. I really wanted more for him, I wanted him to get away from our hometown and to start a new life with someone new .. but it is what it is. I haven't really dated since, but I know one day I'll be happy again with someone.

LONG story short.. obviously the person I fell in love with isn't who he is now. I am sorry you are going through all of this. It is amazing how people can change, but all you can do is grow from it. I know now that there are certain mistakes I will never make again. Good luck with everything.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy that became kinda stalk-y. He was a narcotics detective so he looked scruffy and knew how to blend in...anyway, it started off with him knowing when I came home, when I left, etc. What did it for me was that one morning he tells me he's on surveillance in another city and there he comes walking around the corner.....so the next day, as I'm getting my daily phone call to check in and interrogation time, I dumped him and told him he sucked in bed.....I was such a b itch. Oh well.
    Later I heard through the grapevine that it had utterly devastated him. I felt bad but not so much. Shouldn't of been treating me like a suspect.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't really have crazy break-up stories of my own but I'm always amazed at how NASTY breakups get too. It baffles me how you can turn on someone that you once loved so much. My brother-in-law is going through an awful divorce right now and they don't even have kids. (I can understand how divorces/breakups can get really difficult/nasty when you have kids together) His soon-to-be ex is bat**** crazy!! She padlocked all the bedroom doors so he couldn't get in. In retaliation, he went and superglued the locks shut so now NEITHER can get in their rooms. The house is his but in our state the other spouse has up to two years to find another home so they're living in the same house. She burned all his clothes, he sold her car without telling her, and on and on it goes.... Its the craziest *kitten* I've seen!! Its like that movie War of The Roses. I'm waiting for one of them to end up in jail or worse...
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ok I don't have any personal breakup stories. I am more of a douche when I have broken up with people in the past I.E just quit talking to them, never return calls/texts until they stop. I like to avoid confrontation so I figure they will get the clue and move on.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ok I don't have any personal breakup stories. I am more of a douche when I have broken up with people in the past I.E just quit talking to them, never return calls/texts until they stop. I like to avoid confrontation so I figure they will get the clue and move on.
    same!not a good quality but I've improved. the way I "broke up" with my first boyfriend was just by stopping communication (basically being a b!tch) and responding in very cut throat ways...he got the point after a while
  • Melookprettyoneday
    Options
    I have been on the receiving and giving end of the breakups. I remember being a total *kitten* to a few of my exes, who quite possibly did not deserve it. I also remember being a complete moron for the guys that were POS to me. The worst break up was with my boyfriend of three years. Well see... heres the twisty. He chose drugs over me and after a full year of getting calls late at night from his family trying to find him and once with him calling me in a rage and freaked out spaz attack after doing a 8 ball of coke and some meth, I decided I had enough. Told him to get help and we broke up. Although that was over 6 years ago, he still calls me to talk to me about his new girlfriend, how his uncle still talks about how he f-ed up when he let me go, and then when he drops the pet name he used to give me.... I know its gonna be a full rant about how big of a b*** I was for leaving him when he needed me most. However, what he doesnt understand is that I was there, through all of it and just couldnt handle any more. I knew my limits!

I have been with my husband for six years, married for going on 8 months now. He still tries to call. I refuse to change my number because everyone knows it and I have had it for the last 8 years of my life. He calls from all different numbers and called me a while back freaking out about my new kid and how I let my morals fail and got pregnant and I am not married....blah, blah, blah. Heres the thing, I am absolutely financially and mentally capable to handle a kid on my own and its not my kid, but my nephew. He has no reason to be concerned for me.

I have also been on the other side letting my boyfriend tell me that if I just lost about 50 or more lbs that I would be the most F-ing beautiful person he knew. No I wouldnt, because he would always find something wrong with me.

The truth through all of it is that every relationship is work. No matter how perfect we are together, it is work to stay together. If the person is deficient in anyway, it makes it a bit harder. I take it that all the **** boyfriends I went through led me up to my amazing husband that supports me, tells me to cut the **** when I need to, and who is willing to work with me on making our relationship ours. We aren't trying to keep up with the jones, we are the jones. Bam!

:P Thanks for listening to my rant!

Melooks
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be way too cold the next time.
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    I dated a guy that became kinda stalk-y. He was a narcotics detective so he looked scruffy and knew how to blend in...anyway, it started off with him knowing when I came home, when I left, etc. What did it for me was that one morning he tells me he's on surveillance in another city and there he comes walking around the corner.....so the next day, as I'm getting my daily phone call to check in and interrogation time, I dumped him and told him he sucked in bed.....I was such a b itch. Oh well.
    Later I heard through the grapevine that it had utterly devastated him. I felt bad but not so much. Shouldn't of been treating me like a suspect.

That is a little scary!
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Wow _beachgirl_, your story was really scary. I'd take legal action.
    Anyways, this story happened to my sister, not me. I haven't been in many relationships.

So she was dating this guy and he was really controlling. He always wanted to know what she was doing, who she was with, where she was, and you get the point. He was always obsessed with her. One night he was outside our house just a few feet from her room. That night my sister left her window open since it was really hot and that year our A/C wasn't working. Apparently he snook into her room, sat on a chair, and watched her sleep. A while later she woke up and caught a glimpse of him, but didn't say anything, and pretend to go back to sleep. A while later, he left. It was so creepy. The next day she confronted him and broke up with him.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I could write a book, and it would be a best seller.
    Don't get married young, one will think they are missing out on some raging drunken erotic single life good times and ruin everything trying to live that. In the long run it was the best thing that happened to me, but at the time I was devastated.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Probably my divorce was the worst break up I have had....Brought child home from the hospital, I had a 16 month at home and a 2 day old ...former husband gave me a beautiful piece of Waterford Crystal as a gift for you know giving birth and waalaa, two hours later he took off his ring and told me we were seperated..he was done....period...yep...good times...he now calls it "just bad timing"...I call it pure evil and rotten
  • Tynkie
    Tynkie Posts: 20
    Options
    My worst break up story is that last November my boyfriend of a little over 3 years and I had been drifting for a little while (like 3 weeks) but we finally got it together and we were okay....soooo he proposed to me and I said yes....he disappeared two days later.

I found out a month later that he was in jail for 30 days from his brother (he didn't know it was me he was talking to). I called him the day he came out and he acted as if he couldn't hear me and after subsequent calls he stopped answering, ignored my calls, etc

6 months later I found out that he got his baby mother pregnant again while we were together

It's over a year later now and I'm still working on moving forward from the whole ordeal. I'm over him, but he will always be my first love and I've realized that I am better off without him :)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    my first real realionship that ment the world at the time. we met at college. we didn't have any classes together but we met through mutal friends at the time. we where the same age. she had 2 kids and was just getting a divorce. this was the begining of october by early december she told me that she had cheated on me in the begining of our relationship. i should of called over then but i stuck with her when she said she would never hurt me again. me not being able to realy trust her caused problems but we stayed together then a couple of months later not even she wanted a girls night out while they where out they ran into one of her girlfriends ex. to make long story short she dumped me for him just before valentines day and when my mom was in the hospital where she just about died.i felt like i was used and no good because she left me for a guy 10 years older who worked 16 hours a day and owned his own home. because of this issue i have probles trusting people in genral and it's been ten years since then
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    long story short, my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me through Facebook chat. 2 weeks later, he already had a girlfriend. this was 5 months ago. :explode: :grumble: :angry: :mad: