cleansing

Options
is there certain foods or drinks or anything that cleanses you , aka makes you s%#@$%^ .. ?and is it healthy ???

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husk fiber (metamucil), vegetable glycerin (sold at cvs), lots of water
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    is it any good for you
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    is it any good for you
    If you're constipated.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it also helps keep you full
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    here's a novel thought: eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

done.
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just did a week of green smoothies :) (fruit, almond milk, organic protien powder, flax seed, and SPINACH) all blended together...

3 smoothies a day with raw veggies for snacks.... for 7 days, this week it is 2 smoothies a day with a protien and veggies for dinner, then it is 1 smoothie for breakfast, a healthy salad( no crutons, cheese or dressing or bacon etc) just veggies maybe with a little bit of sunflower seeds...then protien and veggies for dinner.....

I did it for medical reasons as I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's (thyroid problem) and I need to go to a Gluten Free diet... so this was to rid my body of all gluten and yuck to start fresh and I am under a dietician and endocrinologist care while doing all this...... so basically what "anocasjo" said but I did it in liquid form with added nutrients/vitamins.....
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    wow crazy well i just want to be healthy i not even necessarily worried about my wieght im very comfortable with my body i just have horrible eating habits and i want to cleanse and start fresh . some one at my job told me green tea and fiber, smoothies i dont think im ready for all that yet and salad with no dressing i tried not to easy to take down so im trying lighter salad dressings such as italian, or greek, or umm just some vinegar dressings...
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of fresh unprocessed fruits, veggies, and whole grains. drink plenty of water and avoid laxitives if at all possible because over use will cause depenence (you wont be able to s@#!$ without laxitives) and electrolyte imbalances which are life threatening.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Are you askign about a Colon Cleanse or more of a detox cleanse.

I did a 21 day detox cleanse using Standard Process (you can google it - you can find it on-line - I did mine through my Chiropractor as they are a full service wellness center) the first 3 weeks of November - that cleanse uses fresh fruits, veggies, lean sources of protiens along with smoothies and whole food suppliments. What it does is detox your liver and kidneys and breaks the cravings for sugar and carbs...I had a relatively smooth time with it but I ate fairly clean and had a good workign knowledge of fats, carbs, protiens and how they react with your body, before beginning it - so I didn't have as much bad habits to break - I did give up coffee during the cleanse - my only source of caffine prior - but decided that is really my one big vice...so after it went back in to my daily routine. And now during the holiday season with all the candy around...I allow myself a small sugary treat everyday (ok somedays a larger sugary treat when I dig into the chocolate raisins)...knowing this I can plan when to eat it and adjust to accomodate it

I met with a group that was doing it at diferent stages and I know a few people had issues the first couple days with headaches and lethargy as thier bodies withdrew from caffine, sugar and processed carb sources but once they got past day 3-4 they were fine.

Part of the cleanse is to clear out your body and break cravings...but it is also designed so when you are done with the cleanse you slowly add foods back into your diet so you can see if something has a bad reaction or if you might have a sensitivity to it. So you add foods like you would do with a baby - slowly introducing foods back in and seeing of there are any reactions, as some people are insensitive to certain foods - like gluten or dairy - you may not be allergic to those items but your body could have a reaction to them that you may pass off as indigestion or a belly ache from a different source.

For me it has helped break the last little cravings and reset my bodys cravings to more veggies, salads, etc...and made me think twice about what to eat and when...
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    or of like a diet detox not down for laxatives just because of the health issues and also bad situations i have heard of ..