Cheat Day Gone BAD!

Options
So I have made told myself tat if I can make it through the week than sunday can be my cheat day. Last week it worked out like a gem. Yesterday however, I got a burger and fries and this morning I'm still paying for it this morning! I feel like after three weeks of laying off really greasy food, it was like a shock to the system. Anybody else come across the same thing?

Replies

• TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. We ordered pizza one night and I ate some and even came under my calorie goal for the day. But, my stomach did NOT like the grease. I felt yucky for a few hours.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Nope, never. I have gone long stretches without greasy food. Had some after that with no issue. Then again I don't share the thought that food like that is "unhealthy" in and of itself. It is all about portion control. Having said that, the more I research it fast food in Canada is quite different than it US counterpart. The government rules here are quite different than South of the border in terms of food, and I think that is of benefit to us as consumers.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I definitely have had that problem. It's a good thing in a way because you won't want to eat that food anymore if it makes you sick every time you eat it.
  • Sassy88
    Sassy88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yeah, I don't think I will be doing that again
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    "Anybody else come across the same thing?"

similar yeah. it's like your taste buds change. i can't even put whole milk in my coffee w/o it tasting 'slimy' to me.
  • brittanymmoreno26
    Options
    Oh yes, my cheat day was Saturday, my stomach made me feel so lousy that Sunday I figured well couldn't hurt to eat more brownies, well it did, terribly!
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've experienced that upset stomach after having fast food again!

Pizza did it to me one week, hamburgers and fries the next. Even my beloved tater tots from Sonic upset me!
    I don't know if I'll every be able to have fries again.. Maybe if they're baked instead of fried in grease, might have to test that.
  • jamiehobson
    Options
    Yep I have. Had ONE bacon cob and my stomach hated me. Was popping Rennies one after the other.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't eat pizza, no matter how small the slice, w/o getting sick. I haven't had a fast food burger / fries in over 2 yrs and it wouldn't surprise me if they'd cause the same reaction if I tried to eat them.
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The burgers don't seem to bother me, but the fries just don't taste as good as they used to! That's a good thing, i guess. I can do without those calories.
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    could be the beef? if you are eating little or no beef a big burger, especially a greasy one, could be the culprit! i gave up beef for the most part about 2 years ago, occasionally i will crave it, but always regret it! i have found that turkey is much easier on my digestive system and tastes better too! i make meatloaf, burgers, tacos, all with ground turkey :) and walmart has it in a 3lb package for about 6 bucks, so cheaper than beef too!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Usually it is when I eat deep fried foods...most of my other "cheat" foods don't do too much damage to my stomach, except for the deep fried stuff since I've all but eliminated it from my diet.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My husband and I cannot eat heavy greasy food anymore at all. We've been staying away from it for so long that the last time we got good greasy food, we both shocked our systems so bad it felt like we had food posining!
  • ChrisDeb
    Options
    It's hard to eat red meat after not eating it for a while. I've had stomach aches after burgers and steak.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So I have made told myself tat if I can make it through the week than sunday can be my cheat day. Last week it worked out like a gem. Yesterday however, I got a burger and fries and this morning I'm still paying for it this morning! I feel like after three weeks of laying off really greasy food, it was like a shock to the system. Anybody else come across the same thing?

Lol yes! I have the same routine - I'm good Monday through Saturday and then Sunday I eat whatever I want. Many a Monday I have woken up with a 'food hangover'. I'm learning it's not worth it....everything in moderation!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Nope, never. I have gone long stretches without greasy food. Had some after that with no issue. Then again I don't share the thought that food like that is "unhealthy" in and of itself. It is all about portion control. Having said that, the more I research it fast food in Canada is quite different than it US counterpart. The government rules here are quite different than South of the border in terms of food, and I think that is of benefit to us as consumers.
    I don't think it is unhealthy in moderation, either, but it still makes me sick.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yep, today I feel like a garbage dump because of a Christmas party I ate at yesterday (and did I eat)