Awesome breakfast! Low cal, high protein, high fiber

Options
Dedicated
Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
I just had this for breakfast and it was great! I added a little bit of almond butter and light syrup and still came out under 250 calories! Very filling!!!

French Toast

2 slices Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread
1/4 cup All whites egg whites
1/8 cup Low fat or FF milk (I used 1%)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix egg whites, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a shallow dish. Soak each slice of bread in mixture for a few seconds on each side. Heat skillet to med-high and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Add bread and cook for a minute or two on each side until brown.

Nutrition:
144 Calories
29g carbs
4g fat
13g protein
10g fiber

Replies

• Dedicated
    Options
    I just had this for breakfast and it was great! I added a little bit of almond butter and light syrup and still came out under 250 calories! Very filling!!!

French Toast

2 slices Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread
    1/4 cup All whites egg whites
    1/8 cup Low fat or FF milk (I used 1%)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix egg whites, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a shallow dish. Soak each slice of bread in mixture for a few seconds on each side. Heat skillet to med-high and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Add bread and cook for a minute or two on each side until brown.

Nutrition:
    144 Calories
    29g carbs
    4g fat
    13g protein
    10g fiber
  • Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    :love: Yummeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I love french toast!! I will be getting some of that bread and having that for breakfast soon!!!! Or even a great snack for TOM sweet tooth!! Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • lmarcott
    lmarcott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, I love french toast and I REALLY LOVE the sweet stuff.

I love your name Dedicated....gotta love that. Then I saw you joined in Mar 09 and have lost 21 lbs. You have the absolutely most perfect name... Dedicated. You are my new idiol. Thanks for the motiviation.
  • lmarcott
    lmarcott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Healthy Life High Fiber 100% Whole Wheat Bread. 35 cals per slice. It is not a heavy bread, very light.
  • Dedicated
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, I love french toast and I REALLY LOVE the sweet stuff.

I love your name Dedicated....gotta love that. Then I saw you joined in Mar 09 and have lost 21 lbs. You have the absolutely most perfect name... Dedicated. You are my new idiol. Thanks for the motiviation.

Aww, thanks...but no need to look up to me! I started this weight loss on Feb 17th, but didn't join MFP again until March. I actually did MFP from Jan-April of last year and only lost 10 lbs before giving up. That did me a lot of good... I gained back the 10lbs and 10 more! Now I am exactly where I was this time last year! That is why I chose the name Dedicated, because this time I am not giving up no matter how long it takes!
  • Dedicated
    Options
    Have you tried the Healthy Life High Fiber 100% Whole Wheat Bread. 35 cals per slice. It is not a heavy bread, very light.

No, I'll have to look out for that!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Uh, you forgot the cup of maple syrup! j/k j/k haha sounds delicious
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I'm going to try them this weekend with mrs. butterworths sugar free syrup!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mmm sounds really good