need some healthy tilapia fish recipes without oven its brok

Options
ok my oven is broke and i love tilapia fish and need some healthy recipes that don't need an oven lol

Replies

• star2947885
    Options
    ok my oven is broke and i love tilapia fish and need some healthy recipes that don't need an oven lol
  • snl0711
    snl0711 Posts: 8
    Options
    I use my indoor grill for all my meats. The grill is fast and easy --I barely turn my oven on.

Take care,
    Leigh
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Do you have a toaster oven? You can cook in there, but only 1 serving at a time usually. You can also steam the fish on the stovetop.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    This won't help unless you have one, but I use my George Foreman grill for almost every kind of fish or meat that I cook.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I use a bamboo steamer for just about everything. I love how quick it cooks my food and everything stays moist and the steam allows for all the spices I use to absorb into my meats, fish, and vegetables. Since getting my steamer, I have cut down on sauce and butter use to keep my foods from drying out.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    This won't help unless you have one, but I use my George Foreman grill for almost every kind of fish or meat that I cook.

Me too. Thank you George Foreman!! :happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Large skillet, add 2 tbl olive oil. Get good and hot.
    Sprinkle fish with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, some crushed red pepper flakes and squeeze some lemon on them
    Toss in pan-cook on both sides until flaky.
    Serve in a sprouted corn tortilla with some diced tomato, avocado, cabbage and onion and a slice of lime. UUUUUMMMMM good.
  • star2947885
    Options
    ty everyone very helpful used to have a george forman grill need to get another since we moved lol also hubby needs to get that darn part fixed on the oven grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr would be so much better for me lol
  • star2947885
    Options
    i have to get the ingrediants for most of them but fixed tilapia fillets steamed in skillet with lemon pepper seasoning i liked that one of my main problems is financial too lol hubby won't try fish and won't eat chicken or turkey and can't afford to fix 2 meals every night is why the tilapia works great for me its affordable and i get the individually wrapped ones that i can thaw under water lol