The roller-coaster ride ends here!

Options
To anyone who has ever been on the weight-loss roller-coaster:

Like you, I've experienced highs and lows, ups and downs, intense adrenaline rushes and defeating lulls over the past several years since my weight started to become a problem. For my own sanity and well-being, I need to get off this roller-coaster and get on a stable, sustainable weight loss journey. I have about 60 pounds to lose, and I am wholeheartedly committed to losing it and keeping it off for life!

Any suggestions, insights, or lessons-learned along the way are welcome!

Best wishes to anyone else feeling ready to get off this roller-coaster and never get back on!

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey. Do not look at this as a diet, make it a lifestyle change. Measure your food and drinks always. Log in every day! Exercise! This is not race, be patient. Stick with it and you will succeed!
  • OperationBombshell
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! I've definitely made the mistake of "dieting" in the past and using short-term events as reasons to lose weight, but as soon as those events came and went, I lost sight of what I really want: to look and feel healthy, balanced, radiant, and alive on a long-term basis!

Please keep the suggestions coming!!!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have done the same as well. Just be sure to log everything you eat and remember that the scale does not tell every thing. I also recommned using Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Though I did not loose any weight, I have lost at least 4 inches from it. I combine it with my other workouts as well. Please feel free to friend me :-). Welcome to the journey.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    I had the same problem. I do good for awhile, and then one day get lazy and go back to my old ways. For me, I started having acid reflux issues associated with weight gain. At the time, I didn't realize it was related to being overweight. As I've lost about 15 pounds the acid reflux issues have gone away for me. I also look at my father who has diabetes. He can control it with watching what he eats and he does. Having health issues as we get older will only become more common if we are over weight. So I decided, enough is enough! I need to get healthy and this has to be a requirement for me, NOT an option! I DON'T want to live in discomfort with problems associated with weight gain. We are all going to die! So I'd rather die healthy and comfortable rather than in discomfort! Plus, I'll be adding a few years to the end of the road because of being healthy!