Breasfeeding

Options
Okay, so I am breasfeeding and want to lose weight all that same time. This is my 4th baby and never had great success losing weight while breastfeeding. How many calories do you eat while breastfeeding?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    While breastfeeding, you need to eat an extra 600 calories a day aside from what you would normally eat to sustain your own body.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think 600 is rather high, it's closer to 500. And lower if you aren't exclusively nursing and higher for twins. If you search BFing In the MFP database, you'll find lots of people who have added it to the database and lots of similar threads with more info too.
  • skazerani
    skazerani Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have breast feed 3 children for 2 years each. I found that it was hard for me to just count calories, because I was hungry all the time. I tried to just pay attention to my calories only. It never worked, I would get hungry and over eat. Then I started to pay attenton to what kind of food I ate. I had great success with eating 3 serving of lean protien such as chicken and fish a day. each serving of 3-4 oz. 3 serving of fat free milk, cheese or yogurt. 2-3 sevings of fruit, and ate as much veggies, except potatoes and peas, as I want to. I felt full, my milk was great, and I lost all of my weight.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options