• secretangel
    Options
    Grilled chicken, fresh salad, baked potatoe!! =D<3
  • iwanttobeperfect
    Options
    Grilled lemon tilapia and broccoli.
  • jonesbrookea
    Options
    Half a roasted acorn squash (w/ cinn on top) stuffed with ground turkey, and cooked pears and onion.

This sounds AMAZING
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Chicken Caesar Salad,, found Bolthouse farms caesar, yogurt base salad dressing 45 calories a serving, ... gonna give that a try !
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Turkey noodle casserole
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Soup!! Yum!
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    Turkey meatballs with a caprese salad. Just something light and simple.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheese burgers.

and spinach :-)
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Lasagna! (preceded by a tough 60 minute workout) LOL

There is a crockpot lasagna by chef meg on spark people that my family loves. Low calories but oober good!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    wow! back to work for a minute and look at the responses!! awesome!
  • kimmerkay
    Options
    Lasagne and salad.
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Half a roasted acorn squash (w/ cinn on top) stuffed with ground turkey, and cooked pears and onion.

This sounds AMAZING

Acorn squash is my recent addiction! hahah.. . its SO good and I get my workout in while it bakes/roasts in the oven!
    Win/win!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I take a class Monday nights (tonite is the last one for a month) and go straight from my office. I keep a package of the 50 % less fat, whole wheat pizza in the freezer. It's not the healthiest dinner but it's not the worst dinner either.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options

This sounds AMAZING

Acorn squash is my recent addiction! hahah.. . its SO good and I get my workout in while it bakes/roasts in the oven!
    Win/win!

I have never had acorn squash.......do you mind sharing your recipes?? please and thank you :smile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It was going to be potato gnocchi with meatballs and tomato and herb sauce. But it went horribly wrong (I've never made gnocchi before) so we changed the potato gnocchi bit to pasta. :)
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options

This sounds AMAZING

Win/win!

I have never had acorn squash.......do you mind sharing your recipes?? please and thank you :smile:

I mostly just go with what I have on hand. No real recipe to speak of. But basically I cut the acorn squash in 1/2, scoop the seeds out with a spoon and bake on tin foil or in baking dish (to roast just put water in the dish) at about 450 for 35-45 mins. I tend to put cinn/nutmeg all on the edges and inside where the seeds were. Cook up what ever is going in it -again I use what I have ... I have done anything from ground chicken/turkey with kale, yellow peppers, apples and low fat goat cheese to couscous/pinenuts/spinach and cranberries.
    Once everthing that is going IN the squash is cooked (and I can easly get a fork in the squash itself) I spoon all of the stuff into the squash and pop in the broiler for about 3-4 mins just to crisp up the top of everything.... YUMMM!