I'm Starting Today

Options
Hello,
I've decided to try myfitnesspal to help me lose weight. I've been saying I'm going to eat healthy for some time - but was really not aware of portion sizes or amount of general food. I'm totally surprized that just having a healthy breakfast, lunch and my coffee has put me more than 2/3 towards my calorie goal for the day.
I realize this wil be a tough journey - however I'm willing to do what is necessary.
I moved in August and gained 20 pounds - I use to work out all the time - now I have no excuse, just did not join the gym and meet new folks to work out with.
I'm hoping this will help me out.
Thanks for listening.

Replies

• monteriob
    monteriob Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello,
    I've decided to try myfitnesspal to help me lose weight. I've been saying I'm going to eat healthy for some time - but was really not aware of portion sizes or amount of general food. I'm totally surprized that just having a healthy breakfast, lunch and my coffee has put me more than 2/3 towards my calorie goal for the day.
    I realize this wil be a tough journey - however I'm willing to do what is necessary.
    I moved in August and gained 20 pounds - I use to work out all the time - now I have no excuse, just did not join the gym and meet new folks to work out with.
    I'm hoping this will help me out.
    Thanks for listening.
  • jrs_lovely1
    jrs_lovely1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and Ihope that you find success here. So far this has been a great tool for me. I agree with you on not realizing how many calories I was actually intaking. I thought i was doing good until I actually started logging what I was eating and I was blown away. Most of the times I had ate almost all of my calories by the end of lunch.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is wonderful. So many great tools and people who will be supportive and hold you accountable. Good luck. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • bsdurdak
    bsdurdak Posts: 14
    Options
    HI,
    Welcome to the site.
    I started last week and I just love it.

I am one of the many who are "chained" to my cubical desk all day. Then I go home to 2 kids and a husband. So, it is nice to be able to go on here during the day while I'm at work and log all my meals and my exercise. ( I work out at lunch here at work).

Good luck, ask lots of questions! It seems to keep me motivated.

:drinker:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    welcome! best of luck to you!