Weight gained - Disappointed!!!! Help needed

Options
Joined 4 weeks ago today, lost 2 pound per week but GAINED 2 pounds back this week. I think I exercise enough and I have stayed under my calories all but 1 day. I have not been eating my exerecise calories, is this a possible reason for increase.

I have had company this week so have increased to eating my exercise calories but again have not gone over.

Disappointed to say the least!

Please help!

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? Gaining muscle?
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Add sodium to your tracking as you might have retained water; especalially as the weight gain is a lot for short period of time and if you had company good chance you had some higher salt food.
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise? Your daily burns seem really high. I do Turbo Fire every day and only burn 1/3 of what you burn on a 60 minute video. Perhaps you are miscalculating your burn and in turn eating too many calories?
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! It's SO frustrating when the weight comes back!

I took a look at your diary, and even though you're under your calorie goals, your food choices aren't as healthy as they should be. Maybe try adding in some fresh fruit and veggies and some dairy. Plus, you may try tracking your sodium (I didn't look to see if you were already doing this). If you've had a lot of sodium in the last week, this could account for the gain (water weight).
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Are you really walking for 4-5 hours at a time? If so, then great! However, I've found the calories this website says you burn really aren't accurate. They're usually WAY over. Wear a heart rate monitor if you can.

Deleted comment...only looked at one day. :)
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup I agree with others your calories burned are extremely high and if you are using MFP to calculate it isnt accurate. You need to use a HRM with a chest strap to get an accurate reading. I have never burned 1000 in a day and I work out for 1-2 hours a day. Running for 1 hour only burns 600 for me and that is with a 10 min mile pace!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should add more green leafy vegetables and cut down on the potatos and french fries. Try it out for a few weeks. If I consumer more then 150 carbs per day I gain. Everyone is different, this is just a suggestion.
  • vamphlett41
    vamphlett41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been rechecking my exercising calories on other sights just to make sure they were not wrong on here.

I walk 3.5mph everyday for 50minutes to and from work and also at weekends.
    I do 1 60min spin class and 1 45 min spin class a week
    1 do at least 2 weigh training sessions for approx 30 mins a week
    1 60 min strenght and tone class a week
    I also run, at the moment it is 1 per week from 4-6 miles.

Thanks
    V
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    It's just a fluctuation. It's never gonna be perfect every day. Even stress (maybe from company) can cause water retention.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • petitfilou
    Options
    Could it be that time of the month? My weight can fluctuate by anything up to 5lbs at THAT time, usually due to fluid retention. If you have been losing every other week, it could be that this is just a blip.

I once read a blog written by a guy who had lost 70lbs and he said that he had a weight gain every 2-3 weeks but had just carried on with his food and exercise plans and obviously each gain turned into an overall net loss. So if you are losing long term, I wouldn't worry about the odd gain although I appreciate how disappointing it must be!
  • vamphlett41
    vamphlett41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Josery,

Yes, I had company from out of town this week so we have been walking for the last 4 days for approx 6 hrs and I did actually round it down to be on the safe side.

Sadly I am a meat and potato girl and actually dont like any fruits and vegatables which I know is a problem although most sites say Calories are Calories....

Will add sodium tracker and purchase a heart monitor and go from there.

Thanks everyone.