How much water is too much?

Options
For example, would drinking a gallon of water a day have negative health benefits if one were getting otherwise proper nutrition? My reasoning for wanting to drink that much is that 8 glasses is only the min. Recommended, but for Weightloss not sure how much. Can anyone help?

Replies

• knockout2281
    knockout2281 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Take your weight (in lbs). Divide that in half. Drink that much in ounces.

For example, myself 200lb guy. I try to hit 100oz a day, which is just about 3 liters.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    if u puke after u finish ur cup of water... u hit ur limit..
  • howajett
    Options
    Excellent, I just bought a 3 liter water jug, and I also weigh 200, so that's perfect. Hopefully I wom't puke, but no pain no gain right!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i drink 1.5 gallons most days with no ill effects for a long long time.............
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    Excellent, I just bought a 3 liter water jug, and I also weigh 200, so that's perfect. Hopefully I wom't puke, but no pain no gain right!

lol just keep a bottle of water beside you n sip on it through the day.. if ur going to take a pee more than u can handle drink less water..
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    if u puke after u finish ur cup of water... u hit ur limit..

Great line! Thanks for the chuckle.
  • concidedgirl4
    Options
    the recommended amnt of water a person should drink daily is 8 cups DAILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    never drink too much can cause bloat/tummy issues
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    the recommended amnt of water a person should drink daily is 8 cups DAILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup bloat n run to pee every couple min.. but its diff for everyone theres no actual set limit..
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If your pee is totally clear then you probably don't need much more water - pale lemon is apparently the goal.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Take your weight (in lbs). Divide that in half. Drink that much in ounces.

For example, myself 200lb guy. I try to hit 100oz a day, which is just about 3 liters.

Where'd your information come from? :sick:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    If you die, it's too much.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    it's unlikely that you're going to drink "too much" without just being retarded
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    I drink well over a gallon on most days...I LOVE water. I drink nothing else :) Some days are a little less, but more often than not, it is at least a gallon a day. My body has never had any ill effects :)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've read going over 3+ gallons puts you 'at-risk' for flushing out too many electrolytes(sodium). A former teammate of mine once collapsed and had to be treated, they blamed it on excessive water intake.

I've been drinking 2-2.5 per day without complications.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    it's unlikely that you're going to drink "too much" without just being retarded

lmao this
  • sgaehle
    Options

That's the recommended minimum. I work outdoors and during the hot humid summer months will easily go through close to 2 gallons of water a day just for me. And some days its probably more. Now if your sitting behind a desk all day you will obviously use less fluids. Basically the rule of thumb is if your urine is "clear and copious" your well hydrated. Everyone's body is different you have to find your own balance point.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If your pee is totally clear then you probably don't need much more water - pale lemon is apparently the goal.

I agree with this. If you keep drinking after your urine has turned clear, it's no longer benefiting you and you're just putting unnecessary stress on your kidneys. Also, water intoxication is very real and can kill you. When your body tells you to stop, STOP.