I'm new

Options
Hi I'm new here! I had a friend introduce me to this site and she has had great results with it! I am trying to lose 20lbs. Most people don't think I need to lose weight but I am still unhappy with the way I look so here I am! I used to be able to lose weight just by thinking about it but since I turned 30 it has become very hard! I am a picky eater and pretty much prefer anything pasta so this will be a challenge for me!

Replies

• sclausen16
    sclausen16 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm new here! I had a friend introduce me to this site and she has had great results with it! I am trying to lose 20lbs. Most people don't think I need to lose weight but I am still unhappy with the way I look so here I am! I used to be able to lose weight just by thinking about it but since I turned 30 it has become very hard! I am a picky eater and pretty much prefer anything pasta so this will be a challenge for me!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome - and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I get that too, "you don't need to loose weight", but if I am not conscious of what I eat, then they will be saying "maybe you need to loose a few pounds"! So, it's all a matter of personal choice, and what we are happy with in ourselves!
    Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • bj8331
    bj8331 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello Good Luck with your goals:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I hate it when people tell me that. I mean I know they're, in a way, complimenting me that I look fine the way I am but, they don't see what's underneath the clothes....I do :embarassed: And I know that I'm not where I want to be and that's what matters. I know that I still have fat to lose and I am doing this for myself not them. I know that I have a belly and flabby arms and back fat :sick: (not like what it used to be, but it's still there...I'm definately not underweight so it is not a problem of a sickness or bad self image that doesnt exist...it exists) I know my problem areas and it's never bad to work on those areas and eat healthy and workout. As long as you are doing things the healthy way, then that's all that matters. So I say forget em. You know your body, do what's right for you. Good Luck to you and welcome :flowerforyou: