Vegetarians/Vegans what to eat for breakfast?

Options
I need a healthier on the go breakfast other than a mojo or luna bar (too much sugar). What do you eat? I don't consume milk or eggs either-anyone have any ideas(other than fruit)?? Thank you!

Replies

• estinson79
    Options
    A Morningstar "sausage" pattie on a piece of toast or english muffin is nice and filling, and easy to eat on the go!
    I always get the maple flavor, better flavor in my opinion :)
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A piece of veggie sausage, slice of tomato, spinach, mini whole grain bagel.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Vegan-Tofu-Breakfast-Burritos/

Banana and nut butter on toast.

Coconut or soy yogurt and granola.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A piece of veggie sausage, slice of tomato, spinach, mini whole grain bagel.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Vegan-Tofu-Breakfast-Burritos/

Banana and nut butter on toast.

Coconut or soy yogurt and granola.

This exactly ... I have been eating the Maple Morning star patties and they are actually good.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Green Monster Smoothie - 1 cup milk (I use Almondmilk, but you can use whatever), 1 big handful spinach, 1 banana. Blend.

You can add protein powder, other fruit, anything!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I mostly have porridge. I have instant, barley and oat, regular, steel cut, and quinoa porridge at home.

I also have some gluten free rice bubbles or Weetbix/Oat Brits on occasions.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I keep old fashioned oatmeal and raisins in my desk at work and just make it with hot water. You could add nuts or peanut butter for added protein. You could add a little brown sugar or maple syrup for sweetness.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :happy: It depends on how much time I have vs how lazy I am.

Lazy days not as nutritious: quick oatmeal or cereal (kix) with soymilk and fruit, maybe toast or an english muffin with earth balance or I make a smoothie.

Smoothie:
    1 C soymilk
    soy protein (for 20 g protein)
    1 banana
    1 C frozen fruit
    1 C water

On the weekends when I have more time, I like to eat scrambled or diced tofu cooked in the pan with some spray (put a lil fry on it!) with some soy chorizo on the side, maybe some grits with EB, if I'm really feeling industrious, I make PANCAKES MMMM.

Pancakes: (if they're just for me I split this recipe in half and sub non calorie sweetener for the sugar and leave out the EB)
    1 C flour
    1 T sugar
    1 - 1 1/2 C soymilk (I never know now thick ppl like their pancakes)
    1 T baking powder
    1 t salt
    1 T melted EB
    1 t vanilla
    1 egg sub/ 1 T ground flax/ 1 small mooshed banana

What I love to do is have steel cut oatmeal. We cook it the night before in the crock pot.

Really you can have whatever you want to. Leftover vegan pizza even. :happy:
  • filmingghosts
    Options
    Whole wheat mini bagel with peanut butter, cereal with almond milk, toast with vegan cream cheese (Tofutti's good), oatmeal with any add ins (fruit, peanut butter and a few chocolate chips if you want something sweet, spices), vegan waffles with fruit and a drizzle of syrup, there's tons of stuff. :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Do what they do in Japan, have miso soup with tofu.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    flax meal, peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon heated and mixed together.

=]
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!! You can add so much to change up the flavors everyday! If you like soy products, you can also make any sort of scramble using tofu instead of eggs!
  • zumbabumba21
    Options
    I just have peanut butter or just light butter spread on wholemeal toast-usually the 45 cal stuff. I know I'll burn it all off in the day anyway and it gives me protein which I lack unless I have quorn that day. Aaand tis tasty :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I recommend muesli with almond milk. It's filling and there are so many types of muesli mixes (different nuts, fruits, seeds) so it's hard to get tired of it.

I like Seitenbacher Muesli #3 For Active People and Dorset Cereals Simply Fruit & Seeds.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i also suggest oatmeal. there's a brand called "better oats", and they have a line called "abundance", that has dried cranberries and flaxseeds in it also -- i specifically like the maple and brown sugar kind. it comes in packets and cooks up in 2 minutes in the microwave. to that i add 1/2 cup of natural applesauce, both to bulk it up and cool it down so i don't have to wait to eat it! 210 cals for the oatmeal and the applesauce, and it's very filling and satisfying.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hot, plain oatmeal topped with fruit, cinnamon, honey, and ground flax seeds! Very delicious and nutritious.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, smoothies and tofu scrambles are my favorites!
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    I love my morning bowl of oatmeal! I get the Irish oatmeal, the quick cooking kind. One spoon of PB (Trader joes better n' PB for just 50 cal per spoon), and maybe some flax seeds for healthy fats. So satisfying!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Autumn wheat cereal with rice milk, or oatmeal with almond milk. Or I have a smoothie with almond milk, raw vegan protein powder, and half a banana or other fruit....
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    A Morningstar "sausage" pattie on a piece of toast or english muffin is nice and filling, and easy to eat on the go!
    I always get the maple flavor, better flavor in my opinion :)

Most morningstar products have egg in them.
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    Green Monster Smoothie - 1 cup milk (I use Almondmilk, but you can use whatever), 1 big handful spinach, 1 banana. Blend.

You can add protein powder, other fruit, anything!

This sounds good! Does the banana cut the taste of the spinach?