11lbs to lose to get below 200

Options
Hi Guys,

My first mini goal for myself is to weigh in below 200lbs. It has been about 5 years since I last weighed less than 200lbs and I am so motivated to get there. Over the past few years, when I get on my weight loss kick, I never maintain motivation enough to get below 200. I always lose steam and focus. Wondering if anyone has any words of inspiration or motivation to help me actually reach this goal. I know if I could, it would really push me to lose the remaining 50lbs I need to. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• adoringclaire
    Options
    yay! congrats girl! you will be in 1derland in no time
  • tootsiewootsie
    tootsiewootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck--I am right there with you!! I have 11 pounds to onderland also and am stuck!!! Exercise, exerise, exercise!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about getting below that mighty 200 number on the scale. My biggest issue is how long it takes, and this site is really keeping me focused and trying every day no matter what. I set this as my homepage and I log everything. It really helps.

Look at it this way. A year from now or less, you could realistically be at your goal weight. You could also give up now and still be over 200 pounds in a year. Which one sounds better?
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow is this you writing this or me? I just got there I had to get under 200lbs. What I did was post my food on mfp everyday except weekends, Walk/fun 30-45 min on treadmill 4-5 days out of a week, did'nt deprive myself but ate a reasonable amount and let mfp calculate all of my calories. It worked, it really really did!
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jealous! You will get there in no time! It has been over 4 years since I have been ANYWHERE near close to be in wonderland. I have 69 lbs to go to get to ONEderland...sounds daunting, but I can do it and you can too! Take the momentum of how very very close you are and run with it! You play your cards right calories and exercising in the next 5 weeks you will probably be very very close to your goal!
  • Marleygirl96
    Marleygirl96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!! I started out at 218 and am now down to 203!! My goal is to hit 199 by Christmas!! I think I'm going to make it!! :happy:
  • simsimma1210
    simsimma1210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Josteen06
    Josteen06 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have been struggling between 210 and 225 for 7 years. I was never ever to break 200 until last week. I weighed in at 199!! I almost cried. I yelled, jumped up and down and felt very proud of myself. Keep at it. Good Luck!!
  • barbijean29
    barbijean29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.. I would love to see the numbers on the scale have a 1 in front of them.. lol.. its been almost 9 years since I last seen the 1s.. I don't eat alot of junk or even a lot. apparently I am not eating the right things cuz i still can't lose weight. I have had about 10 abdominal surgerys in the last 10 years.. and I know that can take a toll on u. I don't have any problems with my blood work or anything. I just can't get or stay motivated. anyone have any good ideas on how to do that.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Focus on your nutrition more than exercise! Pick a goal to accomplish--like a half marathon or some other event and pay attention to that rather than the number on the scale. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep going!
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How will it make you feel to get to onederland?! Bet you'd feel pretty proud of yourself and all that warm fuzzy stuff.

I hit onderland a couple weeks back and you should've seen the smile on my face - lasted for a whole week I swear! It is so worth it once you get there. And reaching that milestone will give you a huge boost to continue on to your next goal!

You can do this!
  • RosalynFarrar
    RosalynFarrar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 4 5 pounds away fromthat same goal, i have had the upa nd down thing forever i have not been under 200 in years. Our body gets comfortable this is called a body set point. its weight it likes beacause its been there so long. push and keep going the rest will fall right off keepup the good wor so not get discouraged i used everslim it is an awesome fat burner all natural not found in stores word of mouth
  • smalyk
    Options
    One day at a time. Focus on the changes you can make that you want to sustain for a lifetime (like a bit more physical activity, finding healthier options for favorite but challengin foods...) After awhile, this becomes your new normal and it gets soooo much easier to maintain a healthier weight. Be good to yourself. You deserve how the new you will be feeling about you!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Because it feels fantastic. To look at the scales and see 1 instead of 2 is amazing and a great big clap on the back for all your efforts. Keep at it and soon you will enter onederland and feel brilliant. I have glimpsed 196 recently and I just clapped my hands and jumped up and down like a little kid because now I am in onederland I believe it is possible to reach my goal of 160.

Good luck to you.:bigsmile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

My first mini goal for myself is to weigh in below 200lbs. It has been about 5 years since I last weighed less than 200lbs and I am so motivated to get there. Over the past few years, when I get on my weight loss kick, I never maintain motivation enough to get below 200. I always lose steam and focus. Wondering if anyone has any words of inspiration or motivation to help me actually reach this goal. I know if I could, it would really push me to lose the remaining 50lbs I need to. Thanks in advance.

Well Done for getting this far... dropping wheat helped me (i still eat rice, oats, potato) but for first few weeks I was strict no white carbs, then gradually re-introduced the non-wheat ones.
  • African_Goddess
    Options
    I wish u all the best of luck, im 8 pounds away from being under 200 pounds and i cannt wait till I c a 1 n front instead of a 2, im down 25 pounds so far, this is a great thing that we r doing for ourselves and a year from now we will look back at ourselves and say WOW was that really me? When I reach my goal hopeful by nxt summer im headed to the Caribbean"s to soak up the sun and enjoy my new found body. So gud luck and we all can do this!!!!!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!

I'm in the same boat - just a few more pounds to go until that wonderful, wonderful one is back on my scale.
  • simsimma1210
    simsimma1210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate these words folks! I know I can do it. And for those on the same path, remain focused and fearless. :)