Plateau/not eating my calories/not hungry

Options
I'm at a loss as to what I should be eating. Before you say it. Yes, I know my calories are way under.:frown:
I have been eating what I want and eating when I'm hungry.
I NEVER go hungry
I have an erratic sleep schedual which might have something to do with it.

Maybe if someone could look over my food for the last week or two..

I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks and I'm a pound over the last goal weight I charted. No matter what I do. I think it's a plateau.:sad:
I was only losing a pound a week before that but I was happy with it.

I've tried nuts as a filler(ick) avocado, but you can't eat that everyday. I also don't know what to do about water. I drink a lot of hot tea a day but plain water is always hard on my stomach..idk

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Anyway tonight I am going to go over calories the easy way with ice cream and alcohol.

Replies

• LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    Looks like youre going under too much too often. I've heard that that will cause a "plateau"
    Eat more!

A spoon of peanut butter, nuts, maybe a glass of milk? At least get to 1,200 cals
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    Looks like youre going under too much too often. I've heard that that will cause a "plateau"
    Eat more!

A spoon of peanut butter, nuts, maybe a glass of milk? At least get to 1,200 cals
    As for water- try it in a straw. I always seem to drink more of it without noticing when I use a straw. And when it's really cold (but not ICE cold, if that makes sense.)
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so I can't tell you too much. But one thing that jumped out at me was you said water is hard on your stomach. I would DEFINITELY see a doctor about that one. It sounds like there might be something going on there.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    It wouldn`t be that hard if you weren`t intentionally trying to restrict cals by opting for `non-fat` cream, `reduced fat` cheese, etc. "Light bread" - 4 slices = 180 calories?? Why don't you eat normal bread and you'd double the calories.
    Maybe you need some counselling to deal with the underlying problem of why you feel the need to eat so low.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It wouldn`t be that hard if you weren`t intentionally trying to restrict cals by opting for `non-fat` cream, `reduced fat` cheese, etc. "Light bread" - 4 slices = 180 calories?? Why don't you eat normal bread and you'd double the calories.
    Maybe you need some counselling to deal with the underlying problem of why you feel the need to eat so low.

Well I started buying 45 cal bread and stuff like that fake plastic looking cheese (30cals) when I started on here. I try to put all my food in in the morning and in the a.m. It looks really good. It's near or even a bit over 1200 but then during they day I get distracted or nap or as is usual am just not hungry. So I take on thing off..then another. Till I end up eating dinner luch and if I'm still hungry a snack.

I HAVE changed my cheese if not the bread to the publix 110 chedder..
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    go back to doing what you were doing when you were losing a lb a week.. I bet it includes eating! You are starving your body.. whether you think you don't feel hungry or not.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oops double post
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey chickadee - Small meals throughout the day. A piece of bread w/peanut butter is what I have at the end of the day if I am running short. Of course you shouldn't force yourself to eat but finding a rhythm will help. As for the water, have you tried MIO? Drinking hot tea counts. Be creative, straw helps or setting out the amount you want to get down so you see it. Believe it or not I love a cup of hot water with a lemon & sweetner, it's easy on your stomach & helps with digestion. Plateaus happen and you will get past this. Use your calories with the intention of getting nutrition (I don't do this enough for sure).

Hang in there - :o)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey chickadee - Small meals throughout the day. A piece of bread w/peanut butter is what I have at the end of the day if I am running short. Of course you shouldn't force yourself to eat but finding a rhythm will help. As for the water, have you tried MIO? Drinking hot tea counts. Be creative, straw helps or setting out the amount you want to get down so you see it. Believe it or not I love a cup of hot water with a lemon & sweetner, it's easy on your stomach & helps with digestion. Plateaus happen and you will get past this. Use your calories with the intention of getting nutrition (I don't do this enough for sure).

Hang in there - :o)

:flowerforyou: Thanks.
    I like small meals, I can't eat a lot at one time. Which is good but also might be part of my problem just because come meal time I'm still full.lol

Yeah, I drink alot of hot green tea. Which I guess works just as well as water and tea comes in so many flavors you can never get bored.:smile:

What is MIO?

Today I had nutella/pb and banana's on bread. Yum!:bigsmile:
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Hmm I also wonder if the green tea is part of the problem. It is considered to be an appetite suppressant, and I know it is for me.
  • coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try a super healthy nutritional shake. I dirnk mine every afternoon. Really helps put all the good nutrional vitamins, minerals, antioxidents, prebiotics, etc into you. Message me if you want more info.