How to handle calories left at the end of the day

Options
Hi - Love this site. Haven't lost very much according to my scale, but my jeans love me and I love them again. Go me. :-)

Today, I had my usual breakfast, and a small (4oz) chicken breast and salad for lunch. For a variety of reasons, I ended up having nearly the same thing for dinner. That has left me with nearly 500 calories at the end of the day and I'm not hungry. What should I do? I know I will want those calories tomorrow - I'm flying to Austin TX and will be facing a huge restaurant fixed menu dinner - and will probably not have a chance to exercise except running through the Atlanta airport!

Is it OK to run low on certain days and over on others every once in a while? Not ideal I realize, but I don't want to eat anymore today - I'm full. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's fine. You can use them tomorrow.
  • lisalamb62
    Options
    Over the long run ( a week) it will average out. Safe travels!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great question. Thanks for asking!
  • fitnoflab
    Options
    I'm also curious about this. I plan on reserving calories through out the week so I can have a bottle of wine on Fridays. Yes, you heard me, the whole bottle. Don't judge:)
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes I would see if your not hungry dont force yourself to eat....
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I never have this problem :P
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I'm also curious about this. I plan on reserving calories through out the week so I can have a bottle of wine on Fridays. Yes, you heard me, the whole bottle. Don't judge:)

I am right there with ya!! I stay on the low end of my calories during the week just so I can indulge on the weekend! Works for me!
  • SundayRiver2u
    SundayRiver2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies and advice! Clearly we need to have a Friday night wine party! :happy:

QUOTE:

I am right there with ya!! I stay on the low end of my calories during the week just so I can indulge on the weekend! Works for me!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I try to get within a few hundred out of the total 3000 [+-] I consume.

It doesn't bother me if there is a small buffer, but I do not want too many. Fast weight loss is bad weight loss.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Challenge them to a game of canasta.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I do that and don't have a problem with it. I just did it this past week actually and lost 3 lbs this past week. ;-)
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Haha, only on Fridays? That's what I exercise for!!
  • willforbes
    willforbes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thats funny! I might adopt that plan.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I think this is a bull (&% thread. I never have calories i don't want to eat.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I usually have 500ish calories left at the end of my day. I'm so full, and I refuse to make myself eat. It only starts a bad habit, and I don't think I will get anywhere. I don't 'save' them, per say. I'm just not hungry. After my next weigh in, I'm going to put my weight now in the settings to see if my calories allowed goes down. On days when I'm not at work, I try really hard to stay within my normal range. Because when I'm not at work, I'm usually not doing too much of anything. It just depends. So I just try to go about my day as if I were at work. Still having about 500 left. And even if I feel snacky or actually hungry, I can still use them and not want to beat myself up. I also try to watch everything else, too. So that's another reason why I have so many left. Because then if I eat more, I go way over in my other things. It's all about balance. I found what makes me feel full, and I eat that instead of a large meal from BK that will have me hungry again in 2 hours, and I just blew all of my goal intake for everything that day.
  • SHINAS
    SHINAS Posts: 24
    Options
    if at the end of the day you have 500 cal left over and you're not hungry thats great! multiply that by 7 and thats an extra pound loss...