I'm new and need support for the journey

Options
Hi! I'm a 54 year old woman and a VERY SLOW loser. I have about 15 pounds to lose and I am hoping that this site can keep me focused to reach my goal. I look forward to joining the community for support and to help encourage others on their journey.

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • Jayman37
    Options
    add me if you like I need some support and great friends too. today is my 1st day on mfp
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just joined yesterday and have about 80 lbs to lose...I'm 52. I think logging everything I eat will help me the most.
    What a time to start, too, with the holidays upon us!
    Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Here's to a skinnier us in 2012.
  • aorejuela
    Options
    Hi: I am almost 50 and a very slow learner. I need to lose about 30 pounds, i have done it before, i will do it again! i just don't want to yo-yo anymore, i have heard that the change of live makes weight loss even slower! yuck
  • cmcravens
    cmcravens Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also almost 50 and had a stomach bypass over a year ago. I have lost 200 lbs, but I want to lose another 50. I have tried many sites and just never followed through with them. I was told of this site from a co-worker. So her I am. I love to exersice, go to school(community college) and work. I am going to work really hard for this. My goal is to get these 50 lbs off by May 2012 as that will be my 2nd year anniversary of the bypass. My surgeon stated that I would not look good at that weight, but it is a dream I have always had since I was young. If it is bad and I don't look healthy than I will put some weight back on so I would look healthy, but I just want to hit that paticular weight one time, I haven't seen that weight on me since elementry school, and that seems like a centry ago.
  • Brandyleighxoxo
    Brandyleighxoxo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey! Im 5'4'' with 15 lbs to lose. Add me if you'd like and we can start this journey together!
  • Beckyhoek123
    Beckyhoek123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is me. I learned about this site from my sister. I wish you luck.
  • nbtaylor
    Options
    I am new to this site, but am excited to start my journey on here! It was recommended by a friend & i am very thankful, because now i have no excuses because there is an easy way to track what & how much i eat. I wish support to everyone on here & any support in return would be great. Thanks & good luck all!
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me as your friend.good luck.
  • ThinkinThin5
    ThinkinThin5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. How do I add people as friends?