What's For Dinner. . .

Options
RahBuhBuh
RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
And are you forcing others in your home to eat it too? :)

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking about eggs for dinner! all my roommates make our own meals so i don't have to share with anyone!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Husband and I are having baked chicken. Son is having a pizza cus he won't eat how I'm cooking the chicken and I only have 1 piece of chicken to cook. Daughter is not quit one yet so she is having some rice and veggies. We're having black eyed peas with dinner and some rice and veggies, I might skip the rice and just have some of the veggies though.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    On Mondays we go meatless!
    Tonight we will have a salad, followed by homemade Carrot and Leek soup, with toasted sourdough Bread. Baked apples with pumpkin spice to finish up.
    I won't need to use force, except to make sure there is a cup of soup left over for my lunch tomorrow.:happy:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad on wheat.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Whatever the hubby decides to cook :happy: and yes our boys will eat whatever it is. Hubby is a full time student (currently on break) so he is home to do the cooking, but we've both been in kind of a cooking funk lately and have had a hard time with that question "What's for dinner?"
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Sauteed chicken and green beans
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    Its hard being a full times student. I know, I am one. :)\

We are doing baked Lemon or Grilled Tilapia (your choice, but yer eatin' it!) and mixed veggies.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Home-made chicken soup and white basmati rice. :smile:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    homemade pea soup, made in the slow cooker...and yes, everyone has to eat it...
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I made tacos. From a ... Box. Gasp! I haven't felt well all day and it was the easiest thing on hand that the kids would eat. Now I'm chugging water to flush the sodium.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    Great ideas for dinner. I may have to borrow some of those.

@Julie - Sorry about you not feeling well. Water will probably help no matter why you don't feel well.
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Left overs from the weekend.
    roasted turkey breast,
    1/2 small roasted potato,
    1/4 Cup gravy,
    green beans,
    corn and
    cranberry sauce.
    I haven't eaten much today so I actually have plenty of calories left to finish off the rest of the No sugar added apple pie. I will have to wait a while to have the pie b/c I am soooo full from dinner.
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    Hubby smoked a pork butt, then we had broccoli and a baked potato. It was super delicious!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Pureed tomato and red pepper soup. I'm busy studying tonight and this is my idea of a "quick" meal. :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Chicken, brown rice, black beans and veggies. :)
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sausage and kale soup that I adapted from some recipes I found online. Not bad!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    We made pizzas last night for supper. Kids and hubby had meat and BBQ'd chicken, I made a roasted veggie with goat cheese pizza.

Tonights supper was left over pizza and salad.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hubby wasn't home tonight so we did meatless wheat penne with sauce, garlic bread sticks (bad I know, but I only had one :wink: ) and I had green beans and my daughter had corn on the cob.. Corn on the cob sounded better, but I just can't get past how many calories are in a little piece of corn! :noway:
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken (I'm in AZ, so we grill ALL YEAR LONG SUCKAS!), cucumber and onions with raspberry vinegarette, peas and carrots, 1 scrumptious glass of pinot grigio!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I made Turkey Creole (but I used chicken) over brown rice and a side of sauteed zuchini. All YUM!

Turkey Creole serves 4
    ½ c chopped green pepper ½ t dried crushed thyme
    ½ c chopped celery ¼ t garlic powder (or fresh)
    ¼ c chopped onion 1 bay leaf
    1 T marg or butter ½ t Tabasco
    1 T flour dash o’ pepper
    1 (16 oz) can o’ chopped tomatoes 1 lb. cooked, diced chicken or turkey
    1 (8 oz) can o’ tomato sauce hot, cooked rice
    1 t sugar
    ¼ t garlic powder (or fresh)
    1 bay leaf
    ½ t Tabasco
    dash o’ pepper
    1 lb. cooked, diced chicken or turkey
    hot, cooked rice

In a large heavy fry pan (wrought iron skillet ideal),cook green pepper, celery, onion (if using fresh garlic add to recipe now) in butter until tender, but not brown. Stir in flour. Stir in un-drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, thyme, garlic powder, bay leaf, and tobasco & pepper. Cook and stir ‘till thick & bubbly. Stir in meat. Cover & simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot rice.

The Creole was 175 calories per serving and the rice was 140 - zuch was 35 (i sauteed in pam)