More progress than I realized

Options
So here's my progress. This weekend I was looking for pictures for our family Christmas card.

I was stunned to find what is really a very accurate before picture. The week after the picture in the middle was taken, I started a weight loss challenge at work. It was organized by Jaci34, another MFP member and my IRL friend. I thought I could lose a few pounds, but I didn't feel overweight. I thought I still looked like the picture on the left, from our wedding only two years before. The picture on the right was tonight on my cell phone. I'm wearing the same shorts and same shirt as from the middle picture. They actually fit now. I lost 17 pounds in that first 12 week challenge. For the last 9 weeks I've been maintaining and lost another 2 pounds.

I used Body for Life--high intensity interval training, significant heavy weights, and a diet that has more protein than the MFP defaults. I also started to enjoy running. For about the last 6 weeks I have not been able to run due to injuring myself falling off a treadmill. I did start New Rules of Lifting for Women since the treadmill incident. For the last week and a half I've been sick. However, two weeks into New Rules, I realized that my calves and ankles had shrunk considerably. I was ONLY lifting heavy--no cardio. I hope to get back on track with the New Rules on Wednesday of this week, if I've kicked my cold. I'll run again in the New Year. Seeing these pictures has re-inspired me to lose more fat and inches. Even after losing 18 pounds, I'm barely in the healthy range for my height.

I just think it is amazing that I got that big without realizing it. When I first started losing, I felt sad because to me I didn't *look* any differently. Clearly, that was because I didn't realize how I really looked when I started. I kept measurements and that kept me going. I also took pictures in a bikini periodically, but I'm not sharing those any time soon.

The most disturbing thing is the self talk I have. I'm a grown woman, but I didn't want to share these pictures because I didn't want to be judged. Of course, I love the other success stories and would never judge someone for not being model-shaped. Why am I judging me? I catch myself being very mean to myself in my head over having gained the weight I did. My head is being an excellent example of a high school mean girl. I thought I left them behind 20 years ago, but here they are in my own talk to myself.

Well, here goes nothing. I'll post. Please be gentle.

ETA: I'm not so excellent with the photo editor, so sorry the more recent pics aren't the same level of zoom in on me and that the wedding one seems to take up more than its share of space.

Also realized the dumb picture didn't have the dates, June 2009, June 2011, and December 2011.
xge5hl.jpg

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm so proud of all of your hard work.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm jealous of your legs! :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I'm proud of you. :smile:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I judge you to be a wickedly hot piece of *kitten* - and I would commit shameless acts to have your legs!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Also, fantastic progress. :smile:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I judge you to be a wickedly hot piece of *kitten* - and I would commit shameless acts to have your legs!

I love you all, I really do. Thank you for the kind words. But seriously, I pledge my fealty to Mrs. Con forever and ever for this ^^^^
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You are very lovely and this really is some great progress. Congrats!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look great. Isn't awesome to see your progress in pics. You should be so proud of your hard work. Fantastic job.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Your pictures.....are just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations on all your hard work to get there...

12117749.png
  • livingaloha
    Options
    you are an inspiration to me! I am just starting out but it helps to see what a difference 19 pounds can make. You look amazing!
  • Cmg7664
    Options
    You look amazing and give me inspiration! Thank you.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Beautiful wedding dress! Really elegant and it suits you perfectly!

Oh and great weight loss! :smile: Tell those voices to shut up, you're really gorgeous!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post.

Well, just to add that I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds too. I'm on the home stretch but it's hard work over the holiday season!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous. :heart:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    You look stunning :love:
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's amazing when it clicks that we've let things get too far.

Also, you are wearing my wedding dress! Sorry, the very first thing I noticed was that. haha
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Stunning! great progress for sure! Congratulations!!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    super gorgeous and super 'real'. Well done!!!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    girl you look good in ALL the pictures...nowhere near big! I guess from always being obese I would kill to be your big size. lol. But seriously, you looked great even when you think you were "big" when you started. Of course we all know the most important thing is how we feel physically and emotionally to ourselves that matters. Way to go! :)
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!