Foodholic Anonimous

Options
Hey,

I am back !!! Long story short.. I used to be fit, practiced ballroom my entire life. Four years ago I moved to the US. Among all the stress and all the exams and work I lost track and gained a ton of weight. I joined MFP last summer and lost about 20 pounts.. but then I gave up... so I am back at square one :( Two weeks ago i reached my highest weight ever, so I came back this time permanently!!! I am 10 pounds down and going until I am back to my perfect weight... oh and I want to run a marathon for my birthday in April :)
My biggest problem is that I can go all day long without eating and I won't be hungry.However if I have a piece of something I want more of everything. I guess the best way to describe it is that I am just like an alcoholic when it comes to food.

Well anyway I just wanted to say hi and start being active on the website.. since I will be around for a long while :)

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That foodohol will get you every time! :laugh:

Good luck!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I too am a lover of food.
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Your not alone on that one... I too have foods that I do that too.. I have decided to try to eat foods that Im not interested in, in order to loose weight-- its worth the finish line to me.. but I still have days where I mess up" for instance half a bag of raisanettes :O.. doesnt seem high in calories but it was all my calories for the day just in taht alone!! lol.. live and learn! thats all!
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Your not alone on that one... I too have foods that I do that too.. I have decided to try to eat foods that Im not interested in, in order to loose weight-- its worth the finish line to me.. but I still have days where I mess up" for instance half a bag of raisanettes :O.. doesnt seem high in calories but it was all my calories for the day just in taht alone!! lol.. live and learn! thats all!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    welcome back!

I don't have all the answers thats for sure but I think there's plenty of us that can relate to what you have said. I'm an 'all or nothing' kinda gal myself! I'm trying to find the balance.

I would advise however NOT to go without food all day....you are setting yourself up for a good binge. While you think you may not be hungry, when you DO eventually eat, you can lose control and go overboard.

Add me if you like for support etc. And good luck from downunder!
  • petkova
    Options
    JULIUSKITTY: Somehow with me it always comes down to chocolate ... my sister makes fun of my that when I fail I fail like a champion lol

DreamBodyin2011: Thank you :) .. and I love that you have your ticker in kg .. for some reason I can't figure out how to make mine stay as a signature hmmm
  • Kell_5
    Kell_5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Been there, sadly, in some respects still there! However now with help from my MFP friends I only have an occasional day like that now. Best wishes with your journey I know with friends you make here it can happen :o)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Same here I think.

No, I would never be caught dead in those silly *kitten* 12 step meetings where everybody's sniveling about life.
    My "cure" has been to simply change my habits by force of will, then learn to really enjoy my new life.

I associate severe pain with eating too much any given day - the pain of being an unlovable, fat slug.
    I associate pleasure with reaching my goals - being fit, feeling and looking great, living well.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Glad to see someone else is like me lol. I said the other day that I think I might be part shark. I'm ok not eating. But then you give me something and I go looking for more and the feeding frenzy begins lol. I am also back to square one. I have been off for about three months with a massive blood clot that goes from my knee to my kidneys Soooooo here I go again with food tracking only as I can't exercise yet. Good luck !
  • Mickers36
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    No, don't go with food all day...eat your MFP recommendation of calories every day! Important!

As far as being a foodaholic...I used to be too, and it was all emotional. I think I partly used to eat for comfort, and i think I used to binge becasue I believed I deserved to be fat. So it took a total change of mindset to overcome that. Sure, I still love my food, but I eat everything in moderation. I think the change came mainly because I've lost so much weight, it's taken ages, and I don't want to undo all the good I've done....plus I now believe I deserve to look good! :smile:

I don't have the answer I'm afraid, but somehow you have to change your mindset and become completely determined to do this, so that the joy of saying "no" is greater than the joy of eating !!!
  • petkova
    Options
    Mickers hehe I like the shark association :) I hope you are getting better :)

Kathiemcn - what happened to me was I used to workout for two hours everyday and spend all my free time in the studio and eat all organic, so when I stopped doing all of that my body freaked out and started gaining weight. To top it off I was eating things that i never used to ... huuuuuh fail on my side, but it's ok I will get back there, I even have a motto "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" lol
    oh, also I don't do the emotional limbo, I mean i don't starve and then overeat, it's more like constant craving for chocolate.. or cheese .. or random high calorie things and random times huh
  • Mickers36
    Options
    Lol constant craving for chocolate ! Yup me too. I find if I have it, I want more, but if I cut it out completely in about a week I'm ok. But seriously..... You wouldn't want to be around me that week LOL