Gaining weight

Options
Ok, I stay in the calorie range, and fat range, and crab range, and sugar range, I even treated the Girl Scout Cookies like a plague. But when I weighed in yesterday I had gained a pound! I haven't been exercising that much due to lack of a place to walk. so even though I am staying in the range of everything I am gaining weight. I kinda figured I would still lose some lol. My mom said she will take me to her work to work out. Am i doing something wrong? Or do I just really need to work out too?

Replies

• BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok, I stay in the calorie range, and fat range, and crab range, and sugar range, I even treated the Girl Scout Cookies like a plague. But when I weighed in yesterday I had gained a pound! I haven't been exercising that much due to lack of a place to walk. so even though I am staying in the range of everything I am gaining weight. I kinda figured I would still lose some lol. My mom said she will take me to her work to work out. Am i doing something wrong? Or do I just really need to work out too?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise will make it so much easier.

Also, you may have figured your calorie needs incorrectly. You can't cut back too far. You need to be eating enough to fuel your body. Re-check your numbers in your :

Home>Settings>Update Diet/Fitness Profile
    and
    Home>Settings>Food Diary Settings

Please read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8076-want-to-get-a-little-support-group-going

I posted several links there for just this topic!

~Cheryl
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I walk for exercise due to health problems, so I mostly count on the weather. Here lately we have had some nice days and I was able to get out more. I think you will see a difference when your able to exercise more. Don't forget to eat the calories you burn. I thought that sounded odd, but it works. :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise will make it so much easier.

Also, you may have figured your calorie needs incorrectly. You can't cut back too far. You need to be eating enough to fuel your body. Re-check your numbers in your :

Home>Settings>Update Diet/Fitness Profile
    and
    Home>Settings>Food Diary Settings

Please read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8076-want-to-get-a-little-support-group-going

I posted several links there for just this topic!

~Cheryl

Sorry! Wrong thread :blushing: I posted them HERE:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8199-off-to-a-slow-start-actually-still-at-starting-gate?page=1#posts-57694

OOPS! :ohwell: ~Cheryl
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't exercise, I don't loose as much.

Example. When I went on Atkins in may 2007, I lost about 3-4 lbs a week. It was great. I ate, I moved and I had great success. That was phase I.

But then I went into phase II and slowed down my exercise due to rain and colder weather and I was only loosing 0.5 to 1.5 lbs a week. I was tired and run down.

So then I was in phase III and I started exercising nad back to 3-4 lbs a week. Felt great again. Then after Christmas, I bit the big one and got lost.....

Now I have gained 10 lbs and starting all over.

So even if all you do is a brisk walk every day...... make your self do it. It is worth it..... :smooched:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You should evaulate your calories for the week. I gained a pound my last weigh in but when I looked at my cals for the week and added them up, I had consumed about 3000 more cals that week than I did the week before.
  • BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow! lol I weighed in today and guess what? 4 pounds less. I couldn't be happier. Thanks a bunch to all of the posts here. My mom has been taking me to work out and its working it seems :bigsmile:

thanks a bunch :flowerforyou: Bonnie
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    haha! Congrats, girl! Sometimes it takes a while for our complacent bodies to catch up to our quick minds! So glad for you. TOOT TOOT!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are on your way!