6 months, -40lbs & 500 Miles w/ pics

Options
directorj
directorj Posts: 537 Member
Well I have milestone here and also a mini celebration for myself. Back in June I started my weight loss journey and I never thought I would run 500 miles. Usually after 2-3 months of losing weight I eventually stop and gain everything back. But this time, I had the support of MFP and also Nike+ which tracks my mileage.

I never thought I'd be a runner.

Started at around 228-230lbs

026-1.jpg
096.jpg
(don't mind the date, it should have been 2011)

Started running and the cool part was I was able to track everything on my runs which motivated me since I can go back and look at my statistics. Woot! 500 miles!

500.jpg

Time to celebrate so I went out and ate! Estimated at 2,000 calories and my favorite Peppermint Mocha @ about 450 calories

20111212_145850-1.jpg
20111212_154358-1.jpg

Then the final result at 189lbs.

20111212_181328-1.jpg

I still have another 20-30lbs left to lose. This is indeed a lifestyle change for me since i have never been this active in my life. It's also great to not be the "fattest" person in the room. Being smaller has opened up new doors. I can buy clothing and I know it will fit me without having to ask if there is an XXL! The best thing that I felt about losing weight was how I feel and look younger. :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me for support, I like meeting new people :wink:

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! And congrats on 500 miles...that's amazing.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love the Nike+ apps, both the one for running and the Nike+Active for my steps.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Dude you rock!!! What an awesome difference, and an amazing running accomplishment!! I'm happy to have you as a friend here on mfp!!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Great job!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

I looove peppermint mochas =]
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!! you look great and yes much younger :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    congratssss!!! amazing!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    Absolutely Fantastic! I admire the work you have done! I just started jogging (on the treadmill) and 6 weeks ago I couldn't do .25 miles. Last week I did one mile for the first time in my life then did it again the next day and yesterday I did 2.3 miles non stop. I never...... Well I can't wait to go to the gym tomorrow! Today I started training for The Big Climb in March and I climbed 700 steps! Keep the inspiring stories coming they really keep me going!
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Look you great! I know what you mean....I love not having to buy the 3X clothes anymore ; )
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    outstanding. huge difference. job well done!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    job well done! u look awesome! keep it going!
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    great job on the 500 miles and you look great!
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You are great inspiration. Wow you look so much younger :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! Dude! You look absolutely fantastic! Congratulations! What an accomplishment, I bet you feel so proud!
  • nuttynat11834
    Options
    Awesome!!:)I cannot believe that anyone could ever run 500 miles! I know I couldn't, but you are the proof that its possible! Thanks for the motivation! I sure need it!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look incredible. And you've taken years off. Way to find a new lifestyle, and your determination is exemplary.

Good for you! :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!