Options
    Like. :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear. Thanks :)
  • Galletakek
    Options
    O.O... I want to try this.. because im going crazy with out oats/ rice/fruits but im scared ill lose my flat tummy : /...... eating like a clean freak really kills food for me most days.....I feel better but i hate food : /
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great read, i cut wheat trying to eating cleaner and i just couldn't get my calories up consistent enough.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    That's the thing. There isn't a real need to cut out anything. Not relying on junk food but you can still fit it into your diet if you want.

Ie. Having a good serving of lean meats with vegetables for lunch will take care of a good amount of protein & micronutrients.

Regular sort of dinner?

Then room for ice cream to add some fat (and you get some carbs too)

If all that fits into you calorie goal for the day as well as meeting minimum protein & fat targets then it's all good :) And in saying that if you are eating 1200 cals & not eating back exercise calories then there is going to be less flexibility in the diet. Hence, why eating back exercise calories is recommended.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    That's the thing. There isn't a real need to cut out anything. Not relying on junk food but you can still fit it into your diet if you want.

Ie. Having a good serving of lean meats with vegetables for lunch will take care of a good amount of protein & micronutrients.

Regular sort of dinner?

Then room for ice cream to add some fat (and you get some carbs too)

If all that fits into you calorie goal for the day as well as meeting minimum protein & fat targets then it's all good :) And in saying that if you are eating 1200 cals & not eating back exercise calories then there is going to be less flexibility in the diet. Hence, why eating back exercise calories is recommended.

You know how I feel about this sort of thing Chris. Why give something up if you don't have to?

I think this is one of the most misunderstood, mythical things out there. You simply don't have to eat like a rabbit to be successful.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    and that's why you'll have long term success!

Lifestyle change NOT a diet.