Heart rate monitors

Options
Hey guys,

I cannot make up my mind which one to buy!! There are just way too many options :(

What are some of you using and would you recommend it?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I am thinking about getting a BodyMedia fit :D
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4, have had it for a bit over a week and I like it. It's a nice looking watch, the chest strap is comfy and .. it works.

My only beef is that when doint sitting down exercises it might lose the signal (I suspect that's a bra issue, once I fiddle with my bra it works itself out) but it doesn't affect it much, you know :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea I saw the Suunto branded ones at my local sports store but I have never heard of the brand before, but they seemed cheap
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 which has the chest strap and watch and I love it. It is very accurate and and logs all workouts etc so you can see how much you have burned over the whole week etc. It is very easy to use and I was recommended it by quite alot of my MFP freinds who are losing weight very sucessfully. I wouldnt be without it now!!

I got mine off Amazon (its the black & gold one) x
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Yea I saw the Suunto branded ones at my local sports store but I have never heard of the brand before, but they seemed cheap
    My M4 was $120, reduced from $200... the polar they had there was $150 (? I think) and the salesguy talked me out of the polar, despite the higher cost..

I suspect the bra issue wouldn't be a worry for you. :p
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Yea the polar FT7 is an option but I dont like the look of it haha! I am also going to be wearing this through out the day, just because Ican

Oh what were his reasons for talking you out of a polar?
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Apparently they're a good name to throw around, but have gotten lazy with the technology advances and other brands were either up to or beyond them.. but people still buy polar because it's a reputable brand. I don't really know much about the technology - but the Suunto was purty :)
    Options
    Yea the polar FT7 is an option but I dont like the look of it haha! I am also going to be wearing this through out the day, just because Ican

HRM will not be accurate for daily activity though. BodyMedia Fit and Bodybugg are the 2 that help estimate TDEE :flowerforyou:
  • stayxtrue
    Options

HRM will not be accurate for daily activity though. BodyMedia Fit and Bodybugg are the 2 that help estimate TDEE :flowerforyou:

Ahhhh I might suss these out now :)
    Options

Ahhhh I might suss these out now :)

That is what I am doing :] They track sleep and everything! I have a polar F4 now and not a fan. Says my HR goest to 0 mid run xD didn't realize I was a zombie lol!
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Oh wow talented! 0 hahaha! Yea I am sussing this out now.. Cant get it in australia :( will need to order it from USA except it will take ages to get here
    Options
    Might be worth the wait if your goal is accuracy :]

The polar can still be wore during cardio exercise and will be accurate tho! Just not for relaxing at home XD
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'veheard that Santa is dropping off a Polar FT60. Can't wait!
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    Yea I have been looking at the ft60 and ft80, but cant decide, I just think they are starting to get way too many features. Man I am confusing myself haha
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Im looking into a Polar FT40, a few more bells and whistles than a 4 or 7 but as many as as a 60. I like the fact that the 40 has the "fitness test", I too think santa might be dropping it off for me too :smile:
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    I need santa to drop off one for me!! haha
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I bought the polar FT1 first to make sure I would use it etc. I am and will probably go to the FT7 next.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i have been using polar ft4 since july of this year and so far i am very pleased with it so yes, i would totally recommend it.
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use a polar one, and it works with all the equipment at the gym which is a bonus.
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Incidently I've had the polar one for years and it's been very reliable...and also waterproof if you want to use it in the pool. It's only the basic model, so old they probably don't make it anymore but it's fab and I totally recommend it.