Plateau Help!!

Options
For the month of December I am in a night class from 6-10pm M-Thur and working 40hrs a week M-Fri 8-5...So I have had cut back on my gym time during the week as I barely have time to get 6 hours of sleep. I am trying to get in workouts atleast 3 times a week, once during the week, and twice on the weekends. I have hit a plateau and I am wondering if I should change my food settings? I have read on here to change it from "lose 1 lb per week" to "1/2 lb per week" which would increase my calories from 1200 to 1400. I don't want to do this and gain weight though...what should I do to break this platuea during my busy schedule? I eat clean too!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    search plateau help above.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I would give yourself a break on the exercise and focus on getting enough sleep. Otherwise you could over-stress your body. Just a thought.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have given myself a break from exercise..I usually work out 5x's a week...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If your schedule is too hectic, maintain but don't gain an ounce.
    And work on what you can do to fit in your exercises given your busy day.

Good luck!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating at a surplus for one day? How is your protein intake? What kind of workouts do you do?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    For the month of December I am in a night class from 6-10pm M-Thur and working 40hrs a week M-Fri 8-5...So I have had cut back on my gym time during the week as I barely have time to get 6 hours of sleep. I am trying to get in workouts atleast 3 times a week, once during the week, and twice on the weekends. I have hit a plateau and I am wondering if I should change my food settings? I have read on here to change it from "lose 1 lb per week" to "1/2 lb per week" which would increase my calories from 1200 to 1400. I don't want to do this and gain weight though...what should I do to break this platuea during my busy schedule? I eat clean too!

Meg,

How long has your weight loss stalled and has it been a complete stall out or a slowdown?
  • megcalvert
    Options
    Have you tried eating at a surplus for one day? How is your protein intake? What kind of workouts do you do?

I have cheat days on the weekends, I dont know how much protein I eat, I don't really pay attention to that. & I try to get in cycling, and JM 30DS.
  • megcalvert
    Options

Meg,

How long has your weight loss stalled and has it been a complete stall out or a slowdown?

It has been here for probably 2 months. I will lose .2 then gain it back..lose, then gain...
  • 4theking
    Options

I have cheat days on the weekends, I dont know how much protein I eat, I don't really pay attention to that. & I try to get in cycling, and JM 30DS.

Do you track cheat days and if you do, how many calories do you consume? What is your bmr?
  • megcalvert
    Options

Do you track cheat days and if you do, how many calories do you consume? What is your bmr?

Yes, I usually try to. I probably eat 1600-2000 on a cheat day. My BMR is 1409.6.
  • 4theking
    Options

Yes, I usually try to. I probably eat 1600-2000 on a cheat day. My BMR is 1409.6.

I would leave your calories alone and eat 2600-2800 calories one day a week.