Hello!

Options
New to fitnesspal. I have used Fitday to keep track for years. I have bounced up and down the scale for 15 years or so, mostly UP.

I heard the best motivational words from my doctor three weeks ago.

"Your cholesterol is VERY high, like heart attack NOW range. You need to do something about it or you will die young."

I'm 46, I have four kids and an amazing wife. No grandkids yet but I do want to see them and know them for a while before I croak!

I'm also on a mission from God...I want as many to know him as possible through me, it's kinda hard to do that when I'm pushing up daisies.

I've already lost eight pounds in the last three weeks, but just started tracking here on FitnessPal yesterday.

I need loud, obnoxious, in your face truth, honesty and accountability folks. I can handle it and I need it to push me.

Thanks so much...Keith.

Replies

• Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Doulos means servant if I remember correctly. I am in a similar boat- high cholesterol, high BP. I share your feelings about God as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Amen to all of the above. We can do ALL through Christ who strengthens us. Get healthy for you and your wonderful famiy!
  • htmeadows
    Options
    Good to see you here Keith! I started 10 weeks ago on MFP and it has helped me a lot. For me, the key is consistency. Come here every day and log everything.

-Howard
    I'll also echo the person who quoted Philippians 4:13 :-)
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    I recommend looking up Dr Joel Fuhrman on the web. He has amazing info on his site. Basically talking about how most people pay attention to only macronutrients, i.e. protein, carbs, and fats instead of incorporating micronutrient counting, i.e. minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals. People remain hungry, for instance, after a big meal at a fast food restaurant because they received very little micronutrient value from the meal. Our bodies need these micronutrients to function in every facet of our physiology. When we eat empty calories from junk food and our bodies remain hungry craving these micronutrients which leads to obesity, because we end up eating more junk food trying to get micronutrients. This leads to obesity, heart/cardiovascular problems, diabetes, cancer, you name it. It's a downward cycle. Focus on the amount of nutrient per calorie. It pretty much boils down to eating a vegetarian diet. Like in the garden of eden. I'm not vegetarian, but I have focused a great deal on incorporating vegetables into my diet. Fresh organic would be ideal. Stay away from fast food, high process junk food that very little nutritional value. The micronutrients of fresh vegetables and fruits are what our bodies natural immune defenses work with to fend off these sickness and disease. The biggest problem is people don't look to eat and live better until they have a serious problem, then sometimes it's too late. Then we go to the doctor hoping for some medical miracle in the form of medications usually. But you would be surprised at how amazing our bodies can overcome these ailments if you just give your body a chance by eating and living well.
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks!

Pound on me!