help to much protien

Options
i do really well at traking but i'm always over my protien every day. dose anyone else have this problem? How can I change this?

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    How much protein is too much anyway? MFP's default protein limit is set too low for most people, so you probably don't need to worry.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am also over on protein but feel it is set to low here. I never worry about it.. I mean unless I am like 3 or 4 times over what they list here. Otherwise I don't worry about that at all.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I see Protein and Fiber as MINIMUM amounts and I try to go over on them. I try to stay under on Carbs and right around the target on Fat. When I can do this I find that I'm less likely to be out of control hungry and go over my calories.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I eat 225g a day...my balls haven't fallen off yet.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Lmao...almost spit my food out.

This site's protein is set way too low in my opinion. Don't worry about going over. You can always reset your macros too. :)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i strive to be over on protein
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it's really bothering you, change the goal here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also am always over on protein. I think as long as most of it is lean protein that there isn't a problem. Besides the amino acids in protein are essential to building muscle. =)
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Oh, you better be careful, I heard 226 is the magic number... it happened to my friend's friend's cousin's brother in Florida, ya know.:noway:
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Oh, you better be careful, I heard 226 is the magic number... it happened to my friend's friend's cousin's brother in Florida, ya know.:noway:

lmfao:laugh:
  • brittanyleigh05
    Options
    I have the same problem..glad to see I'm not the only one and that no one else seems too concerned with it. :)
  • AlicjaWaw
    Options
    being over in protein is the best thing you could be over in, it helps build your muscles
  • Gabbahh
    Options
    Protein is hard to over eat, and protein is the macronutrient one should try to, or atleast favor, to over eat. It's the most satiating maconutrient. It also requires much more energy from the body to digest compared to carbs/fats.