Is this weird?

Options
So I have been on my new diet and exercise plan for about 3 weeks now. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for atleast an hour a day. 2 days out of the week I take days to rest my body because I heard that its good to do that in between. My days off have been Tues. and Fridays, I am having a difficult time with taking these days off, I really want to be in the gym. My mood today has been strange like I am craving being at the gym. The best way to describe it is as if I were just quiting smoking and I really felt like I needed that cigarette. Just an example of how I am feeling. I just want to know if this is weird or normal? Also, I want to know if it gets better. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Replies

• jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    So I have been on my new diet and exercise plan for about 3 weeks now. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for atleast an hour a day. 2 days out of the week I take days to rest my body because I heard that its good to do that in between. My days off have been Tues. and Fridays, I am having a difficult time with taking these days off, I really want to be in the gym. My mood today has been strange like I am craving being at the gym. The best way to describe it is as if I were just quiting smoking and I really felt like I needed that cigarette. Just an example of how I am feeling. I just want to know if this is weird or normal? Also, I want to know if it gets better. Maybe I'm just crazy.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: its normal but i would go to the gym when i crave it...especially now so early in the game reap the benefits..
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Just go work out and pick another day to rest when you feel that way. I have weeks that I work out every single day. Its what your body can handle, are you in pain? If not go workout girl! Good for you and your motivation......

:drinker:
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I am the same way about not going to the gym. I go at least 6 days a week. I am careful not to do strength training every day, but I do some cardio activity every time I go.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I believe that one of the biggest challenges for people that are new to fitness/weight loss/healthy lifestyles is learning to listen to your body -- your body knows what it needs and wants. If it's telling you to exercise, then do it . . . but you have to learn to hear when it needs to rest, too. Vary your routine enough to let different muscle groups lead/rest, and you should be OK to workout whenever the urge strikes!
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    Options
    It is not weird. When we exercise we release endorphins and it makes our mood elevate. We can become addicted to the "natural high". That is why you feel so" up beat and full of energy" after you exercise. It gets a little easier but it doesn't go away.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    no not at all I had to take a week off from the gym and I found not only was I moody and irritable but all I really wanted to do was to go back to the gym.

:laugh: I tell you I never thought I would have typed this last sentance 6 months ago:laugh:
  • jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Next day I feel like this I will get my big booty to the gym. If I'm sore I will stick to the cardio and take a day off from the weights/strength training. Can't go tonight cause Hubby is out with the car and I don't have anyone to watch the kids because of it. :frown: