treadmill advice

Options
So, my husband is buying me a treadmill for Christmas. :happy: We have looked at a couple by Pro Form sold at ****'s and couple by Gold's Gym sold at Walmart. I was just curious if anyone on here had any reviews for either of these brands. I've heard some good stuff about Pro Form, but I don't know much about Gold's Gym. Any input? TIA!

Replies

• ThinKrazyGirl
    Options
    I have the SAME QUESTION!~ and my hubby is getting me one too!! =)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I have a pro form and like it. I use it for mostly walking but have run on it too.
  • DMP3
    DMP3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ours is Pro Form and I like it. I also think it's hilarious that ****'s is all blotted out. lol
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready to mention the **** thing! Kim, you gotta say "Sports store, rhymes with Mick's" HAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • KimM93000
    KimM93000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol I know! I saw it bleeped me, but I figured everyone would get what I was talking about. I was trying to think of a way to say it that it would let me. hahahaha
  • bballmom20
    Options
    I had a Pro Form and loved it! The only reason I sold it is I got a deal on a brand new gym quality treadmill at a yardsale. My proform had over 1000 miles on it when I sold it and was still working great!
  • mbw885
    Options
    I had a pro form before giving it to a friend. I am 6'2" 215lb and it was great for me to run on. It absorbs the shock great and is very comfortable. I would def go with it over the one from wal-mart. Also Check your local craigslist before you pay top dollar b/c more times than not the ones on there have had very little use and you can get a great deal on one. I got my $500 pro form for $175 and it looked like it had never been used.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great gift!
    I love my proform treadmill. Mine is about 10+ years old and still going strong ( and thats not from lack of use...LOL). The only negative I would say is that its super heavy, so moving and folding it up for storage can be a challenge but they may be be making them lighter these days.
  • courtskey83
    Options
    bump because I have the same question.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So, my husband is buying me a treadmill for Christmas. :happy: We have looked at a couple by Pro Form sold at ****'s and couple by Gold's Gym sold at Walmart. I was just curious if anyone on here had any reviews for either of these brands. I've heard some good stuff about Pro Form, but I don't know much about Gold's Gym. Any input? TIA!

I have the one from WalMart (Gold Gym) at the office works good no problem I think it was about $300.00 if I remember been a while..BUT my treadmill advice is be sure to use it.... hahaha....
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Proform from 1999 and has seen many many miles over the years.

As long as they make them liked they used to, I'd choose that brand.

I thought about getting an updated version but since mine works fine have opted in keeping it.
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We have a Pro Form its about 5 years old yes it can be a bear to move. I like it, I'm a big boy and it handles me ok the one thing I suggest is make sure you use it when ours was left up in the upright position from lack of use it leaked oil. Lucky we had a pad under it or it would have ruined the carpet. I put it back to use and everything is fine . Good luck
  • kellyc3
    Options
    Bump