Wii - hot or hype?

Options
I've been saving my change in a big ol' jar and want to get a Wii - I hear it's a good way to get your heart pumping. I've already got my eye on the Indiana Jones game coming out this June (you 'really' throw Indy's punches and crack his whip.)

Anybody else got a Wii? Any luck with exercise/weight loss with it?

Replies

• rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been saving my change in a big ol' jar and want to get a Wii - I hear it's a good way to get your heart pumping. I've already got my eye on the Indiana Jones game coming out this June (you 'really' throw Indy's punches and crack his whip.)

Anybody else got a Wii? Any luck with exercise/weight loss with it?
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    HOT! HOT! HOT!

I'm not a video game player at all but I love the Wii.

What I love even more is my Wii Fit! :heart:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I love my Wii and Wii Fit . . . it's a great workout to incorporate in between the others . . . and because it's a game time goes by so fast!

I recommend My Fitness Pal, which is a disc for the Wii (not Wii Fit).
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love it.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Options
    My daughter just bought me a Wii Fit for Mother's Day. I know, it's early, but she and the hubby wanted to get it when they saw it or it'd be gone. So, I've only been using it 5 days and I LOVE it. I still go workout at the gym, but the games are so much fun. I am finding that I am using it every night, even if I do go to the gym......5 star rating from me!
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Options
    BTW... I noticed Jullian has a workout program disc for the Wii. I'm gonna check it out. Surely she doesn't work you out as hard as she does the contestants on TBL. I'll let you know if I end up getting it. I think it's only for the regular Wii though and not the Wii fit.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I also like using the my fitness coach. There is a new game coming out in a couple of weeks that I would like to get also, I think it's called Active, and it comes with the game, resistance band, and leg strap. I think you can also use it with the wii fit balance board. It comes out May 19, so I'm hoping for a late mother's day gift.

pbjsand - I have read a lot of the reviews about the Jillian Michaels for the wii, and they are not very good. I don't have the game, but after reading the reviews, I don't know if it would be worth it. Just make sure you read all of the reviews before buying it. :wink:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    HI There ;)

Love the wii... I like the wii fit for weighing but I just got My Fitness Coach and it kicks serious booty ! Love it :)

I work out with BeachBody products, currently on CE.. but been adding in my fitness coach for extra ;)

And the Jillian Michaels dvd, I had high hopes for it but it was terrible :( Wasted money on that one.. you can check the reviews on amazon...

So ... I say get the Wii
  • car34jojo
    car34jojo Posts: 29
    Options
    I am in agreement with everyone else. Love Wii-Fit and other games. The first time I played, I was so sore the next morning. Did not realize how many muscles I never used. Go for it! :smokin:

188559.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    I don't have one yet, but i reeeally want one. I say, anything that can make working out more fun, and not torture, is a good thing. More movement in your day can't be bad for you, so go for it! It's almost my b-day, so i'm hoping to get one soon!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :love: love it:love:
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've requested a Wii for Mother's Day...Well, I've hinted really hard :laugh: :laugh:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I also like using the my fitness coach. There is a new game coming out in a couple of weeks that I would like to get also, I think it's called Active, and it comes with the game, resistance band, and leg strap. I think you can also use it with the wii fit balance board. It comes out May 19, so I'm hoping for a late mother's day gift.

pbjsand - I have read a lot of the reviews about the Jillian Michaels for the wii, and they are not very good. I don't have the game, but after reading the reviews, I don't know if it would be worth it. Just make sure you read all of the reviews before buying it. :wink:

I put a deposit down on the EA Active game already!! Cant wait! oh and I love, love, love my wii!!
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    4 stars & 2 thumbs up from me!
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: my Wii & Wii Fit!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    :heart: love the fitness coach :heart:
    don't waste money on jillians game i did and it stinks
    daughter got the golds gym one and she likes it.
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    I love, love, love my Wii & Wii Fit:love: ! I am not into video games and have never been able to work a control to save my life but wii is totally different. I also refuse to play any of the games sitting down. I have the My Fitness Pal and Golds Gym and they are awesome. I have the new interactive or what ever it is called on reserve and can't wait to get it. I have the Jullian Michael's and HATE IT! Several of my friends have it to and feel the same. Its a huge waiste of money and its a shame because I had really high hopes on that one. The Wii has been worth every penny!!!
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    we have this wonderful wii now my problem is to do it i always don't give me the me time ... i do good for a couple of weeks and than go off but i keep coming back so thats in my favor today it said this was my 68 day i keep missing days here and there never more than three at a time so i have to be thankful that i am getting better at this debbie
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    We have wii Fit and I have a lot of fun with it. I have dropped the hint about fitness coach for mother's day. One more way to dump the weight
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I've only played it once but I actually didn't like it very much. :ohwell:

I'd suggest finding a friend who owns one and trying it out before investing money in it. You might be one of the odd balls like me who don't agree with it.