Delete

Options
amybell68
amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
how long do you wait till you delete a MFP friend for being inactive?? or do you just leave them.....just wondering...

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    depends on how much I enjoyed having them as a friend.

I've got one who's been gone more than a weke.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It depends on how involved I was with that person. Usually I give them 3-4 weeks of inactivity before I will delete. If I know they went on a trip or something, I'll give them a couple months. I don't want to give up on people.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    7 days.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    1 month..unless i know their story..
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    how long do you wait till you delete a MFP friend for being inactive?? or do you just leave them.....just wondering...

I have no friends so I would say quick....
  • MrsJones98
    Options
    Still new to MFP, but I'm not sure I'd delete them just for being inactive - particularly this time of year when so many people get super busy and often sick, out of town, having visitors, etc. I can see deleting someone for being rude or ugly to you, critical or mean in some way, but just for being inactive? I guess I don't see the harm in leaving them as a friend (shrug).
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    A few months.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have one thats been off for 28 days but his last post was he was really busy at work and was trying hard...giving him the benefit of doubt due to the time of year
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    7 days! Unless they tell me they'll be away for a while.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person - if they've been very active and this is unusual, I usually send a note and ask if something is up. If they were never very present, I'll delete after a week.

I like my friend list lean and mean, just like I'm trying to be. I wish everyone well, the best of luck, and all the support they need... and I'm certainly not angry. . . But I will delete. I'm struggling every day to be present and do the work, and I do best when surrounded by others striving for the same.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    usually a month, but I went delete happy last week and 21 days was the limit.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Eh, I haven't deleted anyone yet. If they come back even six months or a year from now, then I want to be there to support them. If not, then they aren't really doing me any harm by sitting around inactive.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If its a continual pattern where they are gone for a week, back for a day, and then gone for a week again, I might delete them. I also delete people who pretty much do nothing. No logging, no checking in, nothing. I like to be supportive of people and help them out, but hard to do when someone is not givng anything.
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    15 days, and I usually delete. except for my friends in RL, then I just get on their butts, and asked why they haven't signed in. LOL.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I give them a couple of weeks .. unless I know their story
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    1 month, unless I know them personally or know what's going on with them...
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I keep them all, I don't get why people have timers on their friends as if they expire or something.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I wait about a month.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Why delete them? They may come back and participate. Some of us have had to be away for various reasons... Mostly I make people mad, then they delete me. :)

Here are my rules!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dsjohndrow/view/rules-for-accepting-mfp-friends-are-essential-170646
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few inactive friends, I've kept them all. This is a hard journey, we fall, we get back up it's not easy and if everyone dumped me during those up's and down's I wouldn't be where I am today. I will support them regardless and what difference does it make to have them on my friends list.