could really use some support :-(

Options
REB89
REB89 Posts: 493 Member
Last 2 days have not been good for me at all. A few of you may recall that I was debating going to the gym cause I was congested, had a bad cold and my ear hurt a bit. Well anyway I went and was fine but later that eveing my blocked ear turned into a middle ear infection :sad: I was in so much pain but couldn't get to a doctor until the morning (by which time my ear drum had burst!) i was feeling so low yesterday and although did not 'pig out' I definately went way over my calories by eating unhealthy comfort food. The worst thing is that I can't exercise it off, I'm not really even supposed to be at work today but I had things to do :frown: I can't really balance it out by eating fewer caloires today either because I need to eat full meals or else my antibiotics make me feel really naseous! I just feel like my week of hard work will now be completely ruined and I'm so fed up!:cry: Sorry to rant but just needed to let it out!

Replies

• REB89
    Options
    Last 2 days have not been good for me at all. A few of you may recall that I was debating going to the gym cause I was congested, had a bad cold and my ear hurt a bit. Well anyway I went and was fine but later that eveing my blocked ear turned into a middle ear infection :sad: I was in so much pain but couldn't get to a doctor until the morning (by which time my ear drum had burst!) i was feeling so low yesterday and although did not 'pig out' I definately went way over my calories by eating unhealthy comfort food. The worst thing is that I can't exercise it off, I'm not really even supposed to be at work today but I had things to do :frown: I can't really balance it out by eating fewer caloires today either because I need to eat full meals or else my antibiotics make me feel really naseous! I just feel like my week of hard work will now be completely ruined and I'm so fed up!:cry: Sorry to rant but just needed to let it out!
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    try to maintain your calories and once you feel better go back to your routine and exercise. ear infections can throw your balance off and all that so if your a treadmill walker like i am i'd just relax a few days but keep them calories in check:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just take care of yourself right now and get over this first. Then when you are feeling better you can get back to your regular routine. All is not lost.
    We hit bumps in the road and sometimes fall into pot holes but we get past it. This will pass, you will feel better and you will lose the weight. :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    When we get sick, we need to give our bodies fuel and nourishment to heal and also need to rest and be easy on ourselves. You'll get through this and when you feel better you'll get back on track. I hope the antibiotics work well and your ear infections heals quickly!! :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Pamper yourself for now and get plenty of rest, maybe eat some comfort food as soup low in cal. I am a firm believer in chicken soup or chicken broth for healing. Some toast. Hope you get to feeling better soon:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up even more over this. I always say that life can get in the way of this program from time to time. You are human, it happens. Just look at it as a temporary setback and before you know it you will be feeling better and ready to get back on track. That is one of the keys to success..being able to get right back on track and not letting a small setback derail all your efforts. You will be ok!!! Get well!!

Tami
  • SoulfulLori
    Options
    Life happens and I do hope you feel better soon. Know that sugars and things like that are not good for your immune system or healing. So, it is ok that you you had some comfort food and one day of it did not make you gain weight in the first place...many days did. Now focus on nourishing your body with foods with plenty of vitamins, water and good fats. Stay away from sugars and rest. Don't worry about the exercise. If you can do this you have truly made a lifestyle change. Give it a try for just one day and see how you feel.

Trust me, illness happens and how we react to it will make the difference in how quickly we heal.

Give yourself some love in the form of rest and a good movie on TV. Whatever needs to be done will be there when you feel better. Believe me...the "work fairies" won't do it and you don't get a "hero" badge for running yourself down. Only you can take care of you.

Be well,

Lori
  • REB89
    Options
    Just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. It really did help! I'm still recovering and am unable to do any exercise and although I did not track over the weekend I don't think I ate too badly. I have started to track my food again today and will simply not go over my calories until I can start to do some exercise again in order to try and stay on track. But once again thanks for all your support it's so nice to know that there are always people on here to push you up when you're feeling down and give you adivce, it really means a lot, so thank you all! :flowerforyou:
  • SoulfulLori
    Options
    So glad you are starting to track food again today and feeling a bit better! Keep at it cause we're all in the same boat and nobody is allowed to sink!
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    Don't knock yourself down...You don't need that. Take care of yourself, heal and take it day by day; yesterday's gone. You have today. Do your best now and you'll find it easier to do better tommorrow :flowerforyou:
    Thomas