Lose 5lbs or more by the New Year!

Options
I know that this time of year is the hardest to lose weight! But lets challenge ourselves to lose at least 5lbs before the new year!! Keep the motivation adn encouragemen alive! This time of year is tough and if can get the through the holidays with a 5lbs or more weight loss I think that is an achievement! Mark your current weight in this thread to keep motivated. Then on January 1, 2012 everyone come back to this thread and mark your current weight as of that Jan 1!

Add me as a friend for more encouragement and motivation!
Lets do this!
Who's in?

Replies

• carolphany
    carolphany Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im in!! im so pump with this site is been hard to study i have finals and papers to write!! LOL
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Five pounds in 19 days is not a realistic goal for me. Good luck to you though!
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ya it has that effect on a person! lol
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Most of our weight is water... even if its less then 5lbs I would love you to join! :)
  • abrocious84
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • carolphany
    carolphany Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    zero it is!!!! my start point!!

13545213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

Most of our weight is water... even if its less then 5lbs I would love you to join! :)
    Sure, I will join if you like. It won't be very impressive though! I am currently at 149.5, and since I don't have much to lose, my goal is 1/2 pound per week. If I stay on track I will be at 148 on New Year's. :D

Are you anticipating having trouble losing over the holidays? I was looking back at my data and even the weeks where I went way over (like 1,000 calories over for the week) I still lost steadily. Hopefully that holds true for Christmas.
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would love to join... I definately need some encouragement. I want to start 2012 under 200lbs. I am at 204.4 as of this morning and I just can't seem to get past 203.2 (I was there on Saturday). I am proud of what I have done thus far, I haven't weighed this low since I graduated high school in 2004. Again, all the encouragement is helpful. :)
  • TheMrs1006
    TheMrs1006 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!!!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am in. Thinking 5lbs is un realistic is doubting yourself. :)
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This was my plan and I'm already at 3lbs lost! I'm 211.5 right now, I'd love to be in the two-single digits by New Year. I'm aiming for 209 or less!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I am in. Thinking 5lbs is un realistic is doubting yourself. :)
    I only have another 9 pounds to lose. There is no way I can lose 1/4 pound PER DAY without drastic, unhealthy measures.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Currently weighing 132.4 as of Sunday morning. Hoping to lose at least 3 by the new year. Christmas Eve is going to be hard though! so much breaded seafood and cookies !
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Me! I'm in! I'll re-set my ticker to 5lbs to go. (instead of 22lb) :D
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Me! I'm in! I'll re-set my ticker to 5lbs to go. (instead of 22lb) :D
  • KIBALOSINGIT
    KIBALOSINGIT Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'M IN. I JUST STARTED USING MY FITNESS PAL. SO I HAVE TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE SITE.

CW: 238LBS. I'M TRYING TO BUST OUT OF MY PLATEAU SO HOPEFULLY I GET THIS SCALE TO MOVE...
  • 1csdancer
    1csdancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

CW: 191
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    I am definitely in! See you January 1st!
  • tracy287
    Options
    Yes this is a goal of mine CW:158, New Year goal: 152
  • toky10kiloless
    Options
    I am in!!! Do we have a common plan of action or is this just to encourage each other?