Anyone else LOVE ModCloth?

Options
GreenLifeGirl
GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
I love ModCloth.com and their vintage-style clothing and am about to order my first dress from them!!! Anyone else have experience ordering from them? Do their dresses run true to size?

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Check out ShopRuche too. Similar styles. Just discovered both of these sites recently and I'd love to know how their quality is...

(I've checked out their size charts and they seem to vary depending on the item.)
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    hhm...wasn't aware of Ruche...will go check them out!

ModCloth has made me fall in love with dresses all over again. i've usually leaned toward skirts, but their stuff is so whimsical and feminine...
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I've been loading up my Pinterest clothing board with a ton of dresses from both of these sites. Now, if only I had the bank account to tend to my re-discovered love of dresses. :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    have a search round etsy and sites similar to that, there are lots of independant artists (including dressmakers) on there its full of retro stuff quite often one of a kind and although some is pricey a lot is a bargain, just had a quick nosey and yip some nice items on there
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Bought a dress for Christmas Eve on there!!! :)

Also some pretty cool jewelry.

I think I have ordered like 4-5 things from there -- dresses that I have ordered were all true to size charts they provide!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love modcloth. I love dresses period, especially with a vintage twist. I ooh and awe over many dresses on modcloth. Sizes run true to size.. so far anyway.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LoL just recently fell in love with mod cloth thanks to my friend Mal. :-)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    love love love modcloth! I wish I could buy almost all those dresses on there.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I wish I could just open my closet and it be full of mod cloth items.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I had never heard of them... Thanks. They are now saved to my favorites and I will definately be spending some money there.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :love: Shopruche.. thanks for the introduction!

This dress makes my chest hurt. :heart:

11506_4.jpg

I love being a woman.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love modcloth, but have yet to order anything simply for the fear that it won't fit. Maybe when I get down to the size I want to be I will order myself something as a special treat. :smile:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    I love modcloth, but have yet to order anything simply for the fear that it won't fit. Maybe when I get down to the size I want to be I will order myself something as a special treat. :smile:

me too! that's my ultimate goal gift to myself! :)
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Addicted to ModCloth! Most of my closet is dresses that I can't stop buying from there and UO haha. I have never had a problem with sizing there and have ordered everything true to my usual size. I am 5'6' 150 lbs 34 B and usually wear a medium if that helps at all...
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    UGH!

I love ModCloth, but I haven't ordered anything from there for fear that it won't fit. I'm 5'10" and I'm afraid those cute, short dresses will be obscenely short on me. That being said, I'm planning on purchasing a dress as my halfway point reward.

Ah, it's good to be a girl.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love so much of their stuff. I have decided that is where I'm going to be getting clothes from when I'm done losing weight. As for now- my pinterest is filling up with the clothes I want from there.:smile:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Make SURE you go by the dress measurements, NOT by the sizing. I learned that the hard way. Love the styles though, and I have a swimsuit from them that I love.
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes, I LOVE Modcloth. My friend and I check out the site every day and click on dresses because it lists them from newest to oldest that way. You really have to be on it when you love a dress from there because they sell out quick, and don't always restock. You can sometimes get lucky when someone sends on back and it becomes available again.

They're an awesome site to order from though. I love that girls can upload pictures of the dresses on them to give you a better idea and there's always a ton of reviews. Something that is also very nice is this...If you order a dress and it doesn't fit quite right, you can call and do an exchange over the phone. They will charge you for the new item, but not for shipping, and then you'll get a credit for your old item once they receive it.

I've ordered quite a few things from there and I would say sizing is kind of all over the place depending on the dress because they're from all different designers. Each dress will tell you if it tends to run big or small, and in what area. Good luck! I just sent a top back, so I can't wait to get my store credit and order the dress I've been wanting!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    :heart: Modcloth!!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/blueberry-iced-tea-dress
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/strawberry-iced-tea-dress

these are two that i REALLY like...deciding which color would be best...they also have a raspberry tea one, too...