I can tell you to squeeze but I can't squeeze it for you!

Options
Hi all,
I'm new to MFP and looking to build up a cheering section. The subject of this post is a quote from one of my favorite exercise videos from the early 90's at a time when my tush was tiny and my triceps didn't flap in the wind when I waved. I'm looking to return to my active old ways and stop making excuses for not working out more (some of my usual ones: I'm hungry, it's too cold to go to the gym, I'm hungry, i just ate cereal and don't want to feel it jiggle in my belly, I'm hungry, my workout pants show off my muffintop, I'm hungry, and the list goes on.)
I had a really bad neck injury at work a while back and I've used it as an excuse not to work out and allow myself to gain weight. No mas. Now is the time to tone my lazy tush. About me: I love lifting weights and avoid cardio like the plague. I love to cook and love to eat but I tend to eat the same amount as my husband...who runs a minimum of 7 miles per day. :sick: (that's me barfing cuz he makes it look so easy.) I'm the queen of excuses and I'm technologically impaired so this whole online check in thing has me a bit overwhelmed. I guess what I'm looking for is not only a cheering section, but also friends to show me the ropes. So if you're willing to give me a swift drop kick for making excuses and need someone to motivate you as well, add me as your friend.
Meghan

Replies

• johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 for most of those years I liked everything that's bad for you ( it was great) . Now I hit the gym nearly everyday no excuses . I feel great . So get out there and do it it's fantastic !
  • MeguPARN
    Options
    That's great! Everyday seems pretty daunting to me. I'm shooting for 5 days/week and if that works out, maybe I'll increase!
  • sleepyhead0
    Options
    I like your quote. friends?
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No pain no gain!
  • WhittledJess
    Options
    That's great! Everyday seems pretty daunting to me. I'm shooting for 5 days/week and if that works out, maybe I'll increase!

I can definitely relate. Being waay overweight (keeping that number to myself for now) it's difficult to do things like walk my dog for 30 minutes. But I've found on this site that I can track things like cleaning (pets' cages, vacuuming, etc.), little stretches here and there....it ALL counts. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I can tell a difference in my clothes, which makes me happy. Feel free to add me.