5ft5 Bottom heavy, not so top heavy girls!

Options
Hi :bigsmile:
Just sticking my head in because i need inspiration & to know that it aint impossible to go from a fat bottomed gal to a lean mean fighting machine, lol.

I'm a 33 year old mum of 1 child....I'm Australian, but my family are Polish. I have always had curves, but now i just have a wide load!...Anyway, I'm 5ft 5, i weigh 102kilos :huh: ......I'm all in the hips, my bottom isnt one that sticks out, but it's wide though!.....I'm smaller chested, but not tiny....Pre child alot of people liked my curves,, they were healthy, & so was I, lol...but not now.

Please please feel free to comment or anything you like....I hope there's some people out there who are similar to me, lol...If there is, please show yourself, haha...I would love to see how well you have done...Share with me your secrects :drinker: Thanks x

Replies

• Melinda77w
    Options
    nup, no one it seems, lol....anyway, i think this could do with a bump! :bigsmile:
  • rhiannonchallans
    Options
    I'm 5ft3 but, like you, am wide loaded in the lower regions. Curse my mother and her inherited child bearing hips.

I think its possible to get down to the weight you desire but I think its a case of learning to love (or at least accept) that this is the shape you are, no matter how much weight you have on. I've come to terms with the fact that whilst I may be able to attain a tiny waist, I'll never have stick thin thighs and hips.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    i'm both heavy lol. but yeah definitely wide in the butt/thigh/hip areas.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely me- I'm 100% pear-shaped! The one time I was thin as an adult, I was still a size 10 (American) in pants but you could see my ribs because my torso was so much thinner than my legs. And forget about a chest. I'm lucky to fill a B cup when I'm heavy.

I've been plugging away at keeping my calories in line and getting in my exercise. I've lost 14lbs in 50 days now! I just started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, which is a great way to get in a full-body workout in only 20 minutes. I know from experience that jogging will whip me into shape quicker than anything else, so I'm going to start doing that soon, too.
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! :)

My jeans size ranges from 12-14...I am 5'3'', with a tiny waist and my top half is ok...while the bottom half REALLY needs a lot of work. All those years of pizzas, pastas, chips, fries and greasy Indian food have reallly stuck on in my butt, thighs and hips...yuck ....and having a bigger lower body makes me look shorter and stumpier than a 5'3''!

It's a very slow progress but I don't plan on giving up. Like a lot of others who have given good info, I'm trying to eat clean, run, and change up my exercises between Tae Bo to 30 Day Shred (currently).

I have started to notice the fat lumpy areas around my knees upward slowly start to get thinner...still waiting to see a difference in my thighs / saddlebags ...will be patient :)

Anyone else with advice / success stories on this ..greatly appreciated! :)
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The first place the weight hits me is in my hips and thighs! Must be something about the european genetics, I'm Russian & Polish. I'm also 5'5 and although everything is slimming elsewhere, the last to lose is my bottom half. I have noticed lately that my wideness has shrunk a bit. I've been doing a lot of self resistance workouts, squats, leg lifts, stretching, and the elliptical machine, I am thinking this is what is helping shrink that portion of my body.