hi! i'm new

Options
angele
angele Posts: 11 Member
hi! i'm 46 ,210 lbs woman. need all help possible. anyone have ideas about fast and filling lunch- has to be low cal , lo carb , low sodium though. help.

Replies

• angele
    Options
    hi! i'm 46 ,210 lbs woman. need all help possible. anyone have ideas about fast and filling lunch- has to be low cal , lo carb , low sodium though. help.
  • rmcisneros99
    Options
    Hi Angele

Eating the right foods is a huge part of weight lost but, not only at lunch time. You have to eat the proper foods in the morning (to kick start your system, your metabolism), eat a good healthy lunch, followed by a sensible dinner. Your daily meals, plus snacks, are what fuels your body as you lose weight and allows you to continue on your diet without starving yourself (or having the sensation that you're starving yourself). Plus, be sure that you drink your water. And walk everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes. Oh and good luck! Always and in everything that you do.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • angele
    Options
    how did u lose so much? what luches did u eat. i need some brown bag lunch ideas. help please
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    welcome! I'm an at home mom so no big ideas for you as far as brown bagging lunches, but some general ideas come to mind, like:
    whole wheat tuna sandwich
    hard boiled eggs
    veggie sticks (carrots, celery, etc)
    salad, just put dressing in a seperate container
    deli sliced meats and cheeses (if you don't want the carbs from whole wheat bread)
    pre-cut fruits in a ziploc
    banana, apple, orange
    I could go on & on... just get creative and once you find something you really like, write it on a list so that when you get groceries you know what to get.
  • justkaren824
    Options
    Hi Y'all, I'm from Texas weighing in at168 when I started a couple of days ago I was 170. I should be around 125, but my goal for now is 145. I might readjust when I get there but for now 145 would be awesome. I'm 44 and a mother of 3, my children are in their 20's. I needed this site, it helps me to prepare for tomorrow. Along with determination and God, I will suceed! I apreciate everyone here. Good Luck and God Bless.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

welcome Angele,

what helped me the most was learning about clean eating---everything I eat is full of nutrition---I leave out stuff that adds taste without nutrition (salad dressing, condiments, white flour, white sugar, cookies,etc.)

there's a lot you can take for lunch if you start thinking about putting real food in containers and bringing a spoon or fork

salad (lots of veggies) with spray dressing
    cut up chicken or fish or canned tuna
    crackers or cucumber with hummus
    apples, bananas

take it one day at a time
    take baby steps
    stay open minded to new ideas
    drink lots of water and don't drink stuff with sugar or artificial sweetener

work hard at this and you will have great success:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • angele
    Options
    thanks to everyone.this helps lots. its easy coming on but so hard to get off but i'm determined this time. keep ideas coming . helps alot.