I am having a hard time.. I need help!

Options
2»

Replies

• MeguPARN
    Options
    Cancer diagnosis is tough, life-changing, and really makes a person review their priorities. I'll keep your Mom in my prayers. Getting back on the wagon is difficult for me, too. But you know what I'm really fed up about? I'm fed up about feeling insecure when I work out. I want to be confident and strong. I know that working out will make me feel good and increase endorphins so I need to get moving! Zumba will be awesome. It's so fun and such a great way to build up confidence at home and start to show yourself that your body makes improvements each time you do your workout. Keep up the good work, don't be afraid to cry it out, and when all else fails, take a boxing class to beat the pulp out of a punching bag! :flowerforyou:
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry you are having such a hard time, and especially about your mother. My prayers will be going out to you and your family... You are going through a lot of stress right now, and exercising will help that.. you will feel better about yourself... it seems you are taking the steps in the right direction. You can add me as a friend if you would like some additional support!... Wish you the best!
  • uboom
    uboom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lindsay,
    Your not giving up!!!! You are motivated to help yourself!! The fact that you have a profile here and put yourself out in a post to everyone shouts volumes!!!! Life is about balance, from exercise, to diet, to eating clean, and indulging from time to time. Best thing you can do is be on here. Everyone on here wants what you want. To live a great life and be healthy. So live an active healthy life and feed your body what's good for it and the weight will take care of itself.

Awesome!!!
    Brent
  • drussell5557
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your problems. Life gets like that sometimes--we've all been through this kind of thing. I'm new to MFP, and I love it; however, having struggled with weight for all of my 61 years (I was born fat), I've finally found something that helps both my weight and my depression: yoga. I sincerely wish I had been doing yoga for the past forty years. If so, I never would have gained the weight I did, nor would my depression gotten so bad that I needed antidepressants. I guarantee (I'd make a bet with you, but it's probably not allowed) that if you practice yoga on a regular basis, 2 to 3 times a week at a reputable studio, you will feel better within two weeks. I once weighed 196 pounds, but through both diet and exercise, I got down to 150. Big improvement, but yoga did the rest. I now weigh 143 and am slowly working my way down to 135. I've only been doing yoga for 13 months, but I no longer take antidepressants and I feel wonderful! Please don't try to do it on your own, though. Go to a reputable yoga studio and join the "community." Good luck!!